How do I lock a movement in SolidWorks assembly?
To lock a concentric mate in an assembly:
- Open the Mate PropertyManager for a concentric mate: For an existing mate, in the FeatureManager design tree, select the concentric mate and click Edit Feature . …
- In the PropertyManager, select Lock rotation and click .
How do you limit a distance mate in SolidWorks?
- Go to the assembly command tab and select the mate command.
- Expand the advanced mates group-box and select angle/distance limit mate.
- Select the two planes/faces/edges for mating.
- Select starting position.
- Select maximum distance/angle and minimum distance/angle.
What does lock mate do solidworks?
A Lock mate maintains the position and orientation between two components. The components are fully constrained relative to each other. A Lock mate has the same effect as forming a subassembly between the two components and making the subassembly rigid.
How do I unlock Solidworks features?
To lock, unlock, or break external references in the External References dialog box:
- In the FeatureManager design tree: …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do I unlock a Solidworks file?
To unlock a locked object, click File > Unlock. The Check Out command automatically removes the lock from an object.
What is a distance mate in Solidworks?
You can add distance mates between the combinations shown below. Enter a distance value in the Distance box in the Mate PropertyManager. The default value is the current distance between the selected entities. You can apply different distance mate dimensions to different configurations.
Can we apply the fixed angle mate between two curves?
Can we apply the fixed angle mate between two curves? You can control component motion in an animation by mating the component to a single entity curve, using coincident mates, or to a multiple entity curve, using path mates. You can also use a curve to define camera-based walk-through animations.
How do you limit a distance mate?
Limit mates allow components to move within a range of values for distance and angle mates. You specify a starting distance or angle, and a maximum and minimum value. To add a limit mate: Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate.
How many entities can you choose to mate with an angle mate?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, for Entities to Mate , select two entities in the graphics area or the flyout FeatureManager design tree. Under Standard Mates, click Angle and set the dimension.