How do I make a drawing from a part in Solidworks 2020?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar or New flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.
How do you make detail drawings in Solidworks?
To create a detail view:
- Click Detail View. (Drawing toolbar), or click Insert > Drawing View > Detail.
- The Detail View PropertyManager appears and the Circle tool. is active.
- Sketch a circle. …
- When the view is where you want it to be, click to place the view.
How do you make something in Solidworks?
To create a part within an assembly:
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ).
What is a detailed view?
A detailed view is a small portion of a model shown enlarged in another view. A reference note and border are included in the parent view as part of the detailed view setup. Once a detailed view is placed on the drawing sheet, you can modify the view, using the Drawing View dialog box. 1.
How do I move a detail view in Solidworks?
Drag the center point to change the position, or drag a side to change the size.
Modifying a Detail View
- Right-click the profile sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Edit the profile as needed to change the shape or size.
- Click Rebuild to update the detail view.
What is the quickest way to start the SOLIDWORKS program?
What is the quickest way to start the SolidWorks program? Open the program via a desktop shortcut.
Is there a free SOLIDWORKS?
Currently, there are two options available to try SOLIDWORKS for free. The first option is through MySolidWorks which offers an online product trial of the latest version of SOLIDWORKS Premium, all from within your browser. … These SOLIDWORKS trials can be created for 7, 15, or 30 days.
How do you make a 2D drawing?
How to Make 2D Drawings in SketchUp
- Go to sketchup.google.com to download either the free or pro version of SketchUp. …
- Open SketchUp and make sure the standard views are on your toolbar. …
- Click on the icon in the standard view toolbar that shows the roof of the house. …
- Begin drawing your 2D element.
What is required to create a new 2D sketch?
To create a sketch in a part or assembly file, do one of the following:
- On the 3D Model tab, click Start 2D Sketch or Start 3D Sketch .
- Right-click in the browser and choose New Sketch or New 3D Sketch.
- Click a planar face or work plane of a part and choose New Sketch.