How do I turn a drawing into a sketch in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar or New flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.
How do you make detail drawings in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a detail view:
- Click Detail View. (Drawing toolbar), or click Insert > Drawing View > Detail.
- The Detail View PropertyManager appears and the Circle tool. is active.
- Sketch a circle. …
- When the view is where you want it to be, click to place the view.
How do you make a sketch visible in SOLIDWORKS assembly?
If the view was for an assembly, there might be more parts shown under the drawing view list. Expand the associated part and find the sketch that needs to be shown. Then, right-click on the sketch and select “Show”. This ensures that the sketch is shown only for that view and would be hidden everywhere else.
How do I keep sketch visible in SOLIDWORKS?
Control the visibility of sketches. In drawing documents, View > Hide/Show > Sketches affects sketches that exist in the FeatureManager design tree only. For example, if you create a sketch on a model, and the sketch exists in the FeatureManager design tree, you can hide or show the sketch in a drawing.
What can I design in SolidWorks?
Designers need design tools that are best-in-class for sketching, modeling, assembly, sheet metal, surfacing, machining, presentation, and documentation. SOLIDWORKS provides all these capabilities and more in an all-inclusive solution set.
What is the quickest way to start the SolidWorks program?
What is the quickest way to start the SolidWorks program? Open the program via a desktop shortcut.
How do I start SolidWorks?
The Start menu allows you to select the basic functions of the Microsoft Windows environment. 2 From the Start menu, click All Programs, SolidWorks, SolidWorks. The SolidWorks application program is now running.
How do you make a 2D drawing?
How to Make 2D Drawings in SketchUp
- Go to sketchup.google.com to download either the free or pro version of SketchUp. …
- Open SketchUp and make sure the standard views are on your toolbar. …
- Click on the icon in the standard view toolbar that shows the roof of the house. …
- Begin drawing your 2D element.
What is required to create a new 2D sketch?
To create a sketch in a part or assembly file, do one of the following:
- On the 3D Model tab, click Start 2D Sketch or Start 3D Sketch .
- Right-click in the browser and choose New Sketch or New 3D Sketch.
- Click a planar face or work plane of a part and choose New Sketch.