What is datum feature in Solidworks?
You can attach a datum feature symbol to the following items: In a part or assembly, on a planar model surface or on a reference plane. In a drawing view, on a surface that appears as an edge (including silhouette edges) or on a section view surface to identify datum planes in the part.
How do you use geometric tolerance in Solidworks?
To set geometric tolerance properties, do one of the following:
- For parts, click Geometric Tolerance (DimXpert toolbar) or Tools > DimXpert > Geometric Tolerance.
- For drawings, click Geometric Tolerance (Annotation toolbar) or Insert > Annotations > Geometric Tolerance.
How do I change the datum in Solidworks?
Editing the Origin Datum
- Do one of the following: Select an axis in the graphics area, then click Edit datum definition in the Hole table axis PropertyManager. …
- In the graphics area, select a vertex or X and Y axes.
- Click . …
- Resize and reposition the coordinate markers by dragging them.
Why can’t I attach a datum feature symbol to a plane or axis?
Datum Feature Symbols can not be placed on a datum plane or datum axis, so once you convert the annotations, for any Set Datum, a new Datum Feature Symbol needs to be created and the legacy set datum tag needs to be unset.
How do I use DimXpert in Solidworks?
To use DimXpert for parts:
- Open a part to dimension using DimXpert.
- Set the DimXpert options. Click Tools > Options > Document Properties, and set the various DimXpert options, such as Geometric Tolerance.
- Insert dimensions and geometric tolerances manually or automatically. Option. Description. …
- Save the part.
How do you attach a geometric tolerance to datum in Solidworks?
You can pre-select a dimension or geometric tolerance symbol to attach the datum feature symbol to the annotation, or you can drag the datum feature symbol onto the dimension or geometric tolerance symbol after it is created. Edit the options in the Datum Feature PropertyManager .
How do you change the tolerance in Solidworks?
Change Geometric Tolerance
- In the Result PropertyManager, under Analysis Data and Display, double-click a contributing geometric tolerance. The tolerance appears in the graphics area and the Change Geometric Tolerance dialog box opens.
- To change the tolerance value, modify the value under Tolerance.
- Click OK.