How do you create a shape in Autocad?
How do you draw a geometric shape in AutoCAD?
To draw a line, click the Line tool. Alternatively, you can type LINE or just L in the Command window, and then press Enter or the Spacebar. Notice the prompt in the Command window for a point location. To specify the starting point for this line, you would type in the coordinates 0,0.
How do I create a CAD object?
To Create an Object With a Tool
- Click Home tab Build panel Tools drop-down Design Tools.
- Click the tool palette that contains the tool for the object you want to insert. …
- Click the tool.
- On the Properties palette, enter any changes you want to make to the default values.
What is the command for area in AutoCAD?
Press F2 to open the command window if the results aren’t visible.
To Calculate the Area of a Selected Object
- Click Home tab Utilities panel Measure drop-down Area. Find.
- At the prompt, enter o (Object).
- Select an object.
How do you start the draw command?
In common with most AutoCAD commands, the Draw commands can be started in a number of ways. Command names or short-cuts can be entered at the keyboard, commands can be started from the Draw pull-down menu, shown on the right or from the Draw toolbar.
How do you make a 3D object in AutoCAD?
To Create a 3D Solid by Extruding
- If necessary, on the status bar click Workspace Switching and select 3D Modeling. Find.
- Click Solid tab > Solid panel > Extrude. Find.
- Select the objects or edge subobjects to extrude.
- Specify the height.
What is AutoCAD object?
Object properties control the appearance and behavior of objects, and are used to organize a drawing. Every object has general properties including its layer, color, linetype, linetype scale, lineweight, transparency, and plot style. In addition, objects have properties that are specific to their type.
How do you stretch an object?
To Stretch an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Stretch. Find.
- Select the object using a crossing window selection. The crossing window must include at least one vertex or endpoint.
- Do one of the following: Enter the displacement in the form of a relative Cartesian, polar, cylindrical, or spherical coordinate.