How do I show a triad in Solidworks?
See Triad. To display or hide the reference triad, click Tools > Options > System Options > Display. Select or clear Display reference triad, then click OK. See the view normal to the screen.
How do I change a part to assembly in Solidworks?
To replace one or more components:
- Do one of the following: Click Replace Components (Assembly toolbar). Click File > Replace. …
- Specify options as described below, then click . The selected component instances are replaced. If you chose Manually select, choose the configuration to open in the Configurations dialog box.
Which axis of the reference triad should you click to change the view normal to side view?
The SOLIDWORKS Reference Triad in the lower left corner of your graphics window is very useful to determine the orientation of your model, as you rotate the view it moves with the model. The X Arrow is normal to the Right Plane, the Y Arrow is normal to the Top Plane, and the Z Arrow is normal to the Front Plane.
How do I change references in Solidworks assembly?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or filename using one of the following methods: …
- Click OK to make the changes and exit the dialog.
How do you fix Assembly in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you remove a part from assembly in Solidworks?
To delete a component from an assembly:
- Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.