How do you revolve in SolidWorks?
Create a sketch that contains one or more profiles and a centerline, line, or edge to use as the axis around which the feature revolves. Click one of the following revolve tools: Revolved Boss/Base (Features toolbar) or Insert > Boss/Base > Revolve. Revolved Cut (Features toolbar) or Insert > Cut > Revolve.
How do you cut and revolve in SolidWorks?
Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. The profile can contain more than one closed contour. Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve. Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager.
Can you revolve a 3D sketch in SolidWorks?
Step 9. In solidwork we cannot use the Revolve command in 3D sketching as we want to draw everything with 3D sketching. I am going to use two Extrudes to create the desired shapes. To make a 3D sketch on a specific surface, click on the surface then go to sketch and select 3D Sketch On Plane.
How do you do a revolve?
Using the Revolve Tool
- Select a sketch.
- Click Revolve from the mini toolbar or the Shapes group.
- Select an axis for the revolve.
- Select Solid from the dashboard.
- Specify to revolve from a sketch plane by a specified angle value.
- Edit the angle to 180.
- Click Flip Direction.
- Click Thicken Sketch.
What does revolved boss base do in Solidworks?
Revolved Boss or Base is a SolidWorks feature tool which is used to create solid 3D model around an axis. You can revolve the sketch around an axis to add materials to it.
What does revolve cut do in SolidWorks?
There are many powerful cutting tools within SolidWorks besides the basic extrude cut tool. The revolved cut tool allows you to cut a profile around an axis creating complex geometry in a single feature. To set up a revolved cut it is very similar to any other feature, you start with a sketch.
How do you make a swept boss in SolidWorks?
How to use Swept Boss/Base Feature – SolidWorks Tutorial
- Click New. …
- Click Top Plane and click on Sketch.
- Click Circle and sketch a circle origin as it center. …
- Exit Sketch.
- Take a plane normal to spline end (or Click on Front Plane and click Sketch.)
- Click on View Orientation-Normal To.
What is swept boss base in Solidworks?
Swept Boss/Base PropertyManager
- Open a part that has either a closed profile sketch and a sketch path, or a part with a sketch line, edge or curve on the model that you can specify as a path.
- Click Swept Boss/Base (Features toolbar).
How do you use revolve Extrude in Solidworks?
Creating Extruded or Revolved Cuts as Assembly Features
- Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. …
- Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
- Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager.
How do you make a 3D sketch in Solidworks?
To create a 3D sketch, click 3D Sketch (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > 3DSketch . You can create 3D sketch entities on a working plane, or at any arbitrary point in 3D space. In 3D sketching, a graphical space handle helps maintain your orientation while you sketch on several planes.
What are the two components necessary for creating a revolve feature?
There are two ways to created revolved features: from a sketch profile or from a primitive.
Create Revolved Feature from a Primitive
- Join . Adds the volume created by the revolved feature to another feature or body. …
- Cut . …
- Intersect . …
- New Solid .
What is revolve command in Creo?
Revolve is a method of defining three-dimensional geometry by revolving a sketched section around a centerline. Use the Revolve tool to create a solid or surface feature, and to add or remove material.