How do I move an entire project in Revit?
Relocate a Project
- Click Manage tab Project Location panel Position drop-down (Relocate Project). You use the tool just like the Move tool.
- Move the project graphically in the view.. Note: If you have set levels or spot elevations to report values from the shared origin, their values update.
How do you select a project base point in Revit?
Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics). On the Model Categories tab of the Visibility/Graphics dialog, scroll down to Site, and expand it. To display the project base point, select Project Base Point. To display the survey point, select Survey Point.
How do you move internal origin in Revit?
To establish the project coordinate system, move the project base point away from the internal origin to another location, such as the corner of a building. If you later want to return the project base point to the internal origin, unclip the project base point, right-click it, and click Move to Startup Location.
How do I set a project base point in Revit 2020?
To select the project base point, move the cursor over the symbol and look at the tooltip or the status bar. If it says Site: Survey Point, press Tab until it says Site: Project Base Point. Click to select the project base point. Drag the project base point to the desired location.
How do I change the base point of a project in Revit?
Move the Project Base Point
- In the site plan view or another view that displays the project base point, select the project base point.
- Drag the project base point to the desired location.
How do you move project base point more than 10 miles?
If you are wanting to move the project base point to a new location outside of 10 miles from origin
- In 2020.2. 1 and earlier: Un-clip base point and use Relocate Project to move project base point.
- In 2020.2. 2 and later: Go to Manage > Coordinates > Specify Coordinates at Point.
How do I set project coordinates in Revit?
Click on the Manage Tab > Coordinates > Specify Coordinates at a Point. Click on the model line at the known origin point. The Specify Shared Coordinate dialog will open. Enter the coordinate values, the correct datum (Elevation) and the angle to True North.
What is the method to georeference a Revit file?
Revit 2018 now has the option to use the Geo-Referenced data from a CAD file that was used to Acquire Coordinate data. When you link and position a Geo-Referenced CAD file, you use the Acquire Coordinates feature in Revit to share coordinate system data between the Revit and CAD file.
How do you find a specific coordinate in Revit?
Relocate the Model by Specifying Coordinates
- Optional: Display the project base point and the survey point in the current view.
- Click Manage tab Project Location panel Coordinates drop-down (Specify Coordinates at Point).
- Place the cursor on a reference point of the model. …
- Click the reference.
Where is project base point Revit?
To see the base point in your revit model, open a site plan and then the visibility graphics window. Expand the Site Category, then make sure the Project Base Point is set to visible. Next select the project base point in the Revit View, and click on the paperclip icon.
To do so, follow the instructions below or watch our short video.
- Open the model for which you want to bring the proper coordinates into.
- Turn on the visibility of the site points. …
- Create a new shared site and rename it. …
- Link in the model with the proper shared site reference. …
- Relocate your model.