How do you cut an external thread in Solidworks?
Creating a Cut Thread
- Open a part file. The diameter of the cylinder is 6mm. …
- Click Insert > Features > Thread .
- In the graphics area, select the top edge of the cylinder.
- In the PropertyManager, under Specification: …
- Under Thread Location: …
- Under End Condition, click Maintain Thread Length. …
- Click .
How do you apply cosmetic thread in Solidworks?
On a cylindrical feature (a boss, a cut, or a hole), select the circular edge where the thread begins. Click Cosmetic Thread (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Cosmetic Thread.
the only difference what i could find is that the drill depth. Tapped hole have aproximately 2mm more drill depth when compared with bottoming tapped holes. Could you tell where bottoming tap must be used and where tapped hole must be used?
How do you annotate threads in Solidworks?
Cosmetic Threads PropertyManager
- On a cylindrical feature (a boss, a cut, or a hole), select the circular edge where the thread begins.
- Click Cosmetic Thread (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Cosmetic Thread.
How do you add threads to a callout in Solidworks?
To insert cosmetic threads from assembly documents into drawings, click Insert > Model Items and click Cosmetic thread . In drawings, Insert Callout appears in the shortcut menu.
Where are Buttress thread used?
Therefore buttress threads are commonly used as: Screws for friction screw presses. Lifting screws for heavy lifting equipment. Lead screws or power screws in machines with high loads.