How do I change the name of a file in Solidworks?
In File Explorer or in the SOLIDWORKS Task Pane File Explorer, right-click a SOLIDWORKS document and click SOLIDWORKS > Rename, Replace, or Move.
How do I Rename a Solidworks file without breaking references?
Locate the assembly and parts of your project in your local directory. Right click on a part of a SolidWorks part file and open the SolidWork context menu. Select rename or move from the SolidWorks context menu. Move the file or rename the file in the prompt which appears after selecting the option you want.
How do I rename a file in SOLIDWORKS 2020?
To rename, replace, or move a SOLIDWORKS document: In File Explorer or in the SOLIDWORKS Task Pane File Explorer, right-click a SOLIDWORKS document and click SOLIDWORKS > Rename, Replace, or Move.
Renaming a File
- From the files list, find the file to be renamed. Click the file’s gear menu and choose Rename.
- The New Title field can be used to rename the file and the New File Name can be used to update the file’s URL.
- Click Save to complete the rename. All links to the file will be updated.
How do I rename a PDM vault?
With PDM if all the files you wish to Rename are checked in, single-click the file that needs to be changed and press the “F2” command key on your keyboard and change the name.
Which file contains all the drawing document in Solidworks?
slddrt – Sheet Format File. . slddrt file is the file containing the drawing sheet information – the geometry and notes that helpful to the drawing’s properties.
How do I rename a Solidworks file in Windows Explorer?
In SOLIDWORKS Explorer, on the File Explorer tab in the left pane, select a document, then click SOLIDWORKS Rename or SOLIDWORKS Replace on the Mini Toolbar. In Windows Explorer or in the SOLIDWORKS Task Pane File Explorer, right-click a SOLIDWORKS document and select SOLIDWORKS > Rename or Replace.
How do I open a solidworks utility file?
Accessing File Utilities
SOLIDWORKS File Utilities can be accessed by right-clicking on a SOLIDWORKS file in File Explorer. File Utilities can also be accessed from the search tab in the SOLIDWORKS task pane. To access this, select files and models in the search command found in the upper right corner of your screen.
How do I move files in Solidworks?
To move a file structure to multiple folders:
- Select the parent file and click Tools > Move Tree.
- In the Move Tree dialog box, in Default Destination click Browse to navigate to the primary destination folder.
- To specify other folder locations for specific files: …
- Set the remaining options.