Where is trim option in Catia?
Open the Trim1. CATPart document. Click Trim . The Trim Definition dialog box appears.
How do I trim my body in Catia?
- Select the body you wish to trim, i.e. Body. 2 .
- Click Union Trim . The Trim Definition dialog box is displayed. The faces you cannot select are displayed in red.
- Click the Faces to remove field and select Body. 2 ‘s inner face. …
- Click the Faces to keep field and select Part Body . ‘s inner face.
What is the difference between split and trim in Catia?
Split: Split in CATIA is used to cut off one element with another element. … Trim: By the Trim option in Catia, a user can cut off two elements interchangeably. When we are going to trim, it is important to select the elements that we are going to cut off(They will appear in the trimmed elements field).
What are the different options available in Quick Trim command?
Q22: Explain the different options in the quick trim command? Break and rubber in remove part of the element, which is clicked. Break and rubber out, remove part of the element, which is not clicked. Break and keep keeps both parts of an element after breaking.
What is the full form of Catia?
CATIA stands for Computer Aided Three-Dimensional Interactive Application. It’s much more than a CAD (Computer Aided Design) software package. It’s a full software suite which incorporates CAD, CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering) and CAM (Computer-Aided Manufacture).
How do I split my face in Catia?
Splitting Closed Surfaces by Two Connex Surfaces or Curves
- Click Join . The Join Definition dialog box appears.
- Select Split. 1 and Inverse. …
- Clear Check connexity .
- Click OK to create the joined surface.
- Click Split . The Split Definition dialog box is displayed.
- Select Surface. …
- Click OK to split the closed surface.
What is union trim in Catia?
Applying the Union Trim command on a body entails defining the elements to be kept or removed while performing the union operation.