How do I open a section box in Revit?
Section Box Tool
- First of all select the object(s) you want to section box.
- Go to the Modify tab on the ribbon bar.
- Under the group called “View” select “Section Box”
What is Section box in Revit?
In Revit®, the ‘Section Box’ command is used to clip the viewable portion of a 3D view. You can activate it simply by checking the Section Box entry in Properties – Extents. After enabling the section box, you can modify its extents using ‘drag’ controls in the 3D view.
Why is Section box not showing in Revit?
In the view properties tick the box for “Section box” This should reveal and activate the section box in the 3D view, if you can’t see it you may need to reveal hidden elements and unhide it. Using the grips on the section box resize and position it as required.
Why is my crop view greyed out in Revit?
The ‘Reset Crop’ icon will now be greyed out – indicating the crop is no longer edited.
How do I hide section views in Revit?
[REVIT] HOW TO HIDE A SPECIFIC SECTION TYPE?
- Choose the first section line and in Properties change View name to Building Section. …
- Choose which parameter will control visibility. …
- In the View tab, select Visibility / Graphics. ( …
- Go to the Filters tab, select Add in the lower-left corner.
How do you rotate a section box in Revit?
Use the Rotate tool to rotate a section view or a scope box.
- Open the project view that contains the section (callout) or scope box to rotate.
- Select the section (callout) or scope box.
- Click Modify
tab Modify panel (Rotate).
- Rotate the view.
Why is scope box greyed out?
The reason for this weird behaviour is simple: it turned out that Scope Box parameter becomes read-only if you modify the Crop Cregion sketch. Since the Revit Scope Box is a cube, it can’t be applied to those views that have non-rectangular Crop Region!
How do I create a scope box in Revit 2019?
Create a Scope Box
- In a plan view, click View tab Create panel (Scope Box).
- On the Options Bar, enter a name and specify a height for the scope box, if desired. …
- To draw a scope box, click in the upper left-hand corner to start the box.