How do I view sections in Solidworks?
To create a section view manually:
- Click Section View. (Drawing toolbar), or Insert > Drawing View > Section. …
- To create a section view manually, click Edit sketch to display the Insert Line PropertyManager.
- Sketch a section line. …
- Click to place the view.
How do I get out of section view in Solidworks?
Removed Section Views
- In a drawing, select a view.
- Click Removed Section (View Layout CommandManager tab or Drawing toolbar).
- In the PropertyManager, for Edge and Opposed Edge, select two edges from the same drawing view. …
- Select a cutting line placement method: …
- Move the pointer and click to place the view.
Where is view on Solidworks?
(View toolbar) or View > Display > Section View. Define a section view by selecting one, two, or three planes or planar faces. Define a section view by selecting one or more zones.
What are the 7 types of section views?
There are a number of different types of sectional views that can be drawn. A few of the more common ones are: full sections, half sections, broken sections, rotated or revolved sections, removed sections, offset sections, and assembly sections.
How do you move a section view in Solidworks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
How do you move a section view arrow in Solidworks?
When you create a view letter attached to a view arrow, such as an auxiliary view or projected view, you can move the view letter. This is similar to moving the view letter in a section view. To move a view arrow letter: Select the arrow and drag the letter.
What is broken out view solidworks?
A broken-out section view cuts away a portion of an assembly in a drawing view to expose the inside. … A broken-out section is part of an existing drawing view, not a separate view. A closed profile, usually a spline, defines the broken-out section. Material is removed to a specified depth to expose inner details.
How do I view the solidworks toolbar?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do you show exploded view in Solidworks?
Right-click the drawing view and click Show in Exploded State. In the Drawing View PropertyManager, under Reference Configuration, select Show in exploded or model break state.
How do I save an isometric view in Solidworks?
Saving a Custom View to SOLIDWORKS
- In a SOLIDWORKS document that contains a custom view, press the spacebar or click Orientation. (View toolbar). …
- Hover over the custom view you want to make available in all SOLIDWORKS documents. Options to save or delete the view appear.
- Click Save View to SOLIDWORKS .