What is the difference between trim and extend command?
What is a extend in AutoCAD?
Extend. Extends the boundary object along its natural path to intersect another object or its implied edge in 3D space. No Extend. Specifies that the object is to extend only to a boundary object that actually intersects it in 3D space.
What does the trim command do in AutoCAD?
TRIM projects the cutting edges and the objects to be trimmed onto the XY plane of the current user coordinate system (UCS). Note: To select cutting edges that include blocks, you can use only the single selection, Crossing, Fence, and Select All options.
What is difference between TRIM and eRase in AutoCAD?
is that trim is to reduce slightly; to cut; especially, to remove excess; eg ‘trim a hedge’, ‘trim a beard’ the adposition of can be used in present perfect tense to designate the removed part while erase is to remove markings or information.
What is difference between Trim and Extend tools?
Extending operates the same way as trimming. You can extend objects so they end precisely at boundary edges defined by other objects. In this example, you extend the lines precisely to a circle, which is the boundary edge.
How do you extend and trim in AutoCAD?
- Boundary Object Selection. Uses the selected objects to define the boundary edges to which you want to extend an object.
- Object to Extend. Specifies the objects to extend. …
- Shift-Select to Trim. Trims the selected objects to the nearest boundary rather than extending them. …
- Fence. …
- Crossing. …
- Project. …
- Edge. …
How do you use extend in AutoCAD?
To Extend an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Extend. Find.
- Select the objects to serve as boundary edges. Press Enter when you finish selecting the boundary edges. …
- Select the objects to extend and press Enter a second time when you finish selecting the objects to extend.
What are the AutoCAD commands?
|Ctrl+A||Select all objects|
|Ctrl+Shift+C||Copy to clipboard with base point|
|Ctrl+Shift+V||Paste data as block|
|Ctrl+Z||Undo last action|
Which condition is required for a layer to get deleted in AutoCAD?
To delete this layer, you must first erase all objects on it in the drawing. If the layer you try to delete is the current layer, you receive an error message. To delete this layer, make another layer current and then delete the layer.
Which mode allows users to draw 90 degrees straight lines?
90° straight lines can be drawn by switching the Ortho Mode to ON. or by pressing Function key (F8). Ortho mode is used. Ortho mode is use for draw the straight line nd ortho off use for any angle.