What is massing and site in Revit?
Create a mass that is specific to the context of the current project. This mass cannot be reused in other projects. Click Massing & Site tab Conceptual Mass panel (In-Place Mass). … The application window displays the conceptual design environment. Create the desired shapes using the tools on the Draw panel.
How do you use massing and site in Revit?
Create an In-Place Mass
- Click Massing & Site tab Conceptual Mass panel (In-Place Mass).
- Enter a name for the in-place mass family, and click OK. The application window displays the conceptual design environment.
- Create the desired shapes using the tools on the Draw panel. …
- When you are finished, click Finish Mass.
How do you show massing in Revit?
Solution: Try the following:
- Click Massing & Site tab Conceptual Mass panel Show Mass Form and Floors.
- Type ZF to Zoom to Fit.
- Type VG (Visibility/Graphics). On the Model Categories tab of the Visibility/Graphic Overrides dialog, expand Mass. Make sure that Mass and Mass Floor are selected. Click OK.
How do you create shapes in Revit?
Create solid geometry with the Create Form tool.
- On the Create tab Draw panel, select one of the drawing tools.
- Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop.
- Select the closed loop.
- Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel (Create Form).
How do you create a mass family in Revit?
When you create a mass family in the Family Editor, you can then load the family into a project, and place instances of the mass family in the project. Click File tab New Conceptual Mass. In the New Conceptual Mass dialog, select Mass.
What is an in-Place model in Revit?
Description. An introduction to the in-place modeling tools. When working in Revit, you will place many instances of component families, such as doors, windows, light fixtures, and so on. These families are created from standard family templates, and come in standard sizes and types.
How do you create an extrusion in Revit 2020?
Create an Extrusion
- In the Family Editor, on the Create tab Forms panel, do one of the following: …
- Use the sketching tools to sketch the extrusion profile: …
- On the Properties palette, specify the extrusion properties: …
- Click Modify | Create Extrusion tab Mode panel (Finish Edit Mode). …
- To view the extrusion, open a 3D view.
How do you do adaptive components in Revit?
To create an adaptive component, click New under Families. In the New Family – Select Template File dialog, scroll down and select Generic Model Adaptive. rft (or Metric Generic Model Adaptive. rft in the metric file), and then click Open.
How do you make a cone in Revit?
To Create a Cone Mass Element
- On the Massing tool palette, select the Cone tool. …
- Specify the insertion point of the Cone.
- Drag the cursor and specify the radius of the Cone.
- Drag the cursor and specify the height of the Cone.
- Enter a rotation angle, or press Enter to accept the default angle of 0.
Where are project units configured in Revit?
Click Manage tab Settings panel Project Units. In the Project Units dialog, select the discipline.