How to share models with non-project members from BIM 360 Document Management
- Go to Project Admin > Services > Document Management > Advanced Settings.
- Turn on “Public link for project”.
- Go to Document Management> project files.
- Select a file > Click share.
- Use the options in the dialog window to share the file.
To share using this method:
- Publish your models from Revit to BIM 360 using Revit Cloud Worksharing.
- Use the Design Collaboration module to create a package and share your models with other teams.
- Other teams choose to consume the shared models.
Upload a Workshared Model to BIM 360 Document Management (Revit Cloud Worksharing)
- In Revit, open or create a model.
- Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Collaborate).
- If prompted, sign into your Autodesk account. …
- In the Collaborate dialog, select In BIM 360 Document Management.
- Click OK.
On the eTransmit panel of the Add-Ins tab, click Transmit a model. Choose the model(s) to transmit: Click Browse Model, and navigate to the location of the Revit model you want to transmit. Click Browse folders, and navigate to the folder that contains the Revit models you want to transmit.
What does consumed mean in BIM 360?
Method 3 – Live Linking
“Live linking” is the workflow that most users will be used to if they’ve used Revit Cloud Worksharing prior to the release of BIM 360 Design. What this means is that you are linking directly to another team’s model where they’re actively making changes – the model “live”, not static.
How do I get BIM 360 in Revit 2020?
Starting with Revit 2020, there is a new way for BIM 360 Design users to initiate workshared cloud models.
- Create a new Revit model or open an existing model.
- Use the Collaborate tab to enable worksets.
- Save the workshared file to BIM 360 Document Management by selecting “Save As > Cloud Model” in the File menu.
How do I get BIM 360 in Revit 2022?
To access BIM 360 projects, click on the Autodesk Docs icon and an account/project navigator will appear on the right-hand side of the home page.
How do I get BIM 360 in Revit 2019?
Use Revit Home to open a model from BIM 360 Document Management. On the Home page, under Models, click Open. As an alternative, from the ribbon, click File tab Open (Project). In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder where the model resides.
Can you have two Revit files open at once?
There is no problem in having two Revit versions on the same computer. As with any software, having two or more versions installed, one of them will be set as the default one to open .
How do you eTransmit in Revit 2021?
On the eTransmit panel of the Add-Ins tab, click Transmit a Model. Select the model(s), a target directory, and file types to transmit. Optional: Select to open and save models in the active version of Revit (upgrade). Optional: If upgrading, select to purge unused families and other Revit objects.
Where are Revit local files?
When working on Collaboration for Revit files, local copies are saved at the following file path: C:Users%USERNAME%AppDataLocalAutodeskRevit