How do you subtract in Draftsight?
To subtract regions or 3D solids from each other:
- Click Solids > Solid Editing > Subtract (or type Subtract).
- Select the regions or 3D solids to subtract from.
- Select the regions or 3D solids to subtract and press Enter.
- From the objects in the first selection all objects in second selection are subtracted.
How do I trace a part in Solidworks?
(Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Sketch Picture. In the dialog box, browse to the picture file and click Open.
Under Trace Settings:
- Select a tool for Image Type.
- Select a tool for Selection tools, and create a border around the image you want to trace.
- Click Begin trace.
Where is the cavity feature in Solidworks?
Click Cavity on the Mold Tools toolbar, or click Insert > Mold > Cavity. In the PropertyManager, under Design Components, select the design parts from the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you cut a shape out of another shape in Solidworks?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
How do you trim an intersecting body in Solidworks?
Intersecting Bodies to Modify Part Geometry
- With the part open, click Insert > Features > Intersect .
- For Solids, Surfaces, or Planes, select the bodies to intersect or merge.
- Select Cap planar openings on surfaces to cap flat openings in surfaces.
- Click Intersect. …
- Select regions to exclude. …
- Select options as required:
What is a multibody part in Solidworks?
A multibody part consists of multiple solid bodies that are not dynamic. If you need to represent dynamic motion among bodies, use an assembly. Tools such as Move Component, Dynamic Clearance, and Collision Detection are available only with assembly documents.
How do you indent in Solidworks?
To create indent features:
- Click Indent (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Indent.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selections: Select a solid or surface body to indent in the graphics area for Target Body . …
- Under Parameters: Set the Thickness (solids only) to determine the thickness of the indent feature. …
- Click .