Where is the Split command in Solidworks?
To split bodies: Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
How do you split a face in Solidworks?
To split a face by projecting a new sketch:
- In the Fixture or an External Loads PropertyManager, select the Split tab.
- Under Type of Split: Select Sketch. …
- When you finish sketching, click Exit Sketch. …
- For Other Faces to Split , select the faces to project the sketch onto.
- Optionally, select either: …
- Click Create Split.
How do I convert Assembly to step in SOLIDWORKS?
You can set the export options when you export SOLIDWORKS part or assembly documents as STEP files. To set the STEP export options: Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
How do I open assembly in SOLIDWORKS 2020?
Opening Components from Assembly Documents
- Click or right-click a part and click Open Part .
- Click or right-click a subassembly, and then, on the Open Part drop-down, select the subassembly.
What does split line do in SolidWorks?
tool projects an entity (sketch, solid, surface, face, plane, or surface spline) to surfaces, or curved or planar faces. It divides a selected face into multiple separate faces. You can split curves on multiple bodies with one command.
How do you split a core and cavity in SolidWorks?
Open a part containing a core surface body, a cavity surface body, and a parting surface body. Select a face or plane that is perpendicular to the direction of pull. The selected face or plane is used to define a sketch outline that splits the core and cavity segments. Click Tooling Split (Mold Tools toolbar).
How do you add multiple parts to a SolidWorks drawing?
Under Part/Assembly to Insert, do one of the following:
- Ctrl + select several components from the list.
- Click Browse. In the dialog box, Ctrl + select several components and then click Open.
How do you make a subassembly flexible?
To make a subassembly flexible:
- Click a subassembly in the FeatureManager design tree and select Component Properties .
- In the dialog box, under Solve as, select Flexible, then click OK. Flexible is not available for lightweight subassemblies.
What does split line mean?
The Split Line. tool projects an entity (sketch, solid, surface, face, plane, or surface spline) to surfaces, or curved or planar faces. It divides a selected face into multiple separate faces.
How do you simplify a large assembly in Solidworks?
To simplify assemblies: Toggle the visibility of the components. Create SpeedPak configurations.
Reasons to simplify a large assembly include:
- Improve performance and reduce rebuild times.
- Improve display speed during dynamic view operations (zoom, pan, rotate, and so on).
- Focus your work on a subset of components.