How do I move a fixed part in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do I show a triad in Solidworks?
See Triad. To display or hide the reference triad, click Tools > Options > System Options > Display. Select or clear Display reference triad, then click OK. See the view normal to the screen.
How do you move a cut Extrude in Solidworks?
To move a feature to a new place on a model:
- Select Instant3D (Features toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select the feature to move.
- Use the handles to drag the feature to its new location.
How do I move an object to the origin in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin. In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: To change only the sketch origin: Select a vertex or point for Sketch Origin Location .
Can we apply the fixed angle mate between two curves?
Can we apply the fixed angle mate between two curves? You can control component motion in an animation by mating the component to a single entity curve, using coincident mates, or to a multiple entity curve, using path mates. You can also use a curve to define camera-based walk-through animations.
Why is part fixed in Solidworks assembly?
It is recommended that at least one assembly component is either fixed, or mated to the assembly planes or origin. This gives a frame of reference for all other mates, and helps prevent unexpected movement of components when mates are added. A fixed component has a (f) before its name in the FeatureManager design tree.
Which type of mate Cannot be applied between two edges?
Which type of mate cannot be applied between two edges? The Perpendicular Mate will let you create angle mates of 90, 180, 270, or 360 degrees between selected entities. After making a Perpendicular Mate, moving one face will change the angle from 90 degrees.
How do I move the camera freely in SolidWorks?
You can move the camera relative to the look-at point. You can also change the look-at point. The look-at point is the point in 3D space that the camera focuses on, rotates around, and zooms toward.
Using the Camera.
|Pan||Ctrl + middle-click and drag to move the camera and focal point together.|
How do you move a view around in SolidWorks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
Which axis of the reference triad should you click to change the view normal to side view?
The SOLIDWORKS Reference Triad in the lower left corner of your graphics window is very useful to determine the orientation of your model, as you rotate the view it moves with the model. The X Arrow is normal to the Right Plane, the Y Arrow is normal to the Top Plane, and the Z Arrow is normal to the Front Plane.
How do I change the assembly position in Solidworks?
To edit a position:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select Mate Controller and click Edit Feature .
- In the PropertyManager, under Mates Positions, select Position 2 from the list. The components move to Position 2.
- Change the value of Distance1 from 30 to 60 . …
- Click Update Position . …
- Click .