How do I select a part in Solidworks?
You can select a sub-assembly in the graphics area by right-clicking one of its components and choosing Select Sub Assembly. If the component is in a nested sub-assembly, a list displays the hierarchy. Move the pointer over the list to highlight the various sub-assemblies, then click the one you want.
How do you drag an object in Solidworks?
Select a component and drag in the X, Y, or Z direction of the assembly. The coordinate system appears in the graphics area to help orient you. To select the axis you want to drag along, click near that axis before dragging. Select an entity, then select a component to drag along that entity.
How do you move parts in Solidworks?
- Right-click the drawing name at the top of the FeatureManager design tree and select Move.
- Type a value in the X value or Y value box, and click Apply. All of the drawing entities move the specified distance in the X or Y direction.
- Click Close to exit the dialog box.
How do you move a cut Extrude in Solidworks?
To move a feature to a new place on a model:
- Select Instant3D (Features toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select the feature to move.
- Use the handles to drag the feature to its new location.
How do you move around in Solidworks 2019?
- Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. The Move/Copy Body PropertyManager appears. …
- Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
How do you Unfix an object in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do I move a view from one sheet to another in Solidworks?
Moving or Copying Views by Dragging
In the FeatureManager design tree: To move the view: Drag the drawing view icon and drop it on the target sheet icon (the pointer changes to when it is over the sheet icon). when it is over the sheet icon).
How do I move details in Solidworks?
Modifying a Detail View
- Right-click the profile sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Edit the profile as needed to change the shape or size.
- Click Rebuild to update the detail view.