Click Manage tab Settings panel (Project Parameters). In the Project Parameters dialog, click Add. In the Parameter Properties dialog, under Parameter Type, select Shared parameter, and click Select. In the Shared Parameters dialog, select the appropriate parameter from the appropriate parameter group, and click OK.
How do I export all families in Revit?
Do either of the following:
- Click “R” > Save As >Library > Family.
- Right-click the Families category in the Project Browser, and click Save.
The shared parameter file stores the definitions of the shared parameters. Click Manage tab Settings panel (Shared Parameters). The Edit Shared Parameters dialog opens. Click Create, or Browse to an existing shared parameter file.
Shared parameters are parameters that you can add to families or projects and then share with other families and projects. … If you create a shared parameter and add it to the family categories, you can then create a schedule with these categories. In Revit® this is called a multi-category schedule.
Where is Revit family saved?
When trying to access Revit family files, you may encounter a problem locating the files. Issue: By default, family files are typically stored in a location like the following: C:ProgramDataAutodesk
How do I copy a project to family in Revit?
Copy between Project and Family
- In the Project, create detail lines that describe the elements you want to copy.
- Make New Family – Generic Profile.
- Copy the detail lines in the Project (Ctrl + C)
- Paste them into the Profile family (Ctrl + V)
- Open / create the other family you want to put those lines into.
What are Revit parameters?
Parameters are used to show and control an element’s information and properties. You can create custom parameters for each category/element in the projects and sort schedules based on the parameter data. Within Revit, there are three types of parameters: project, global and shared.
How do you add a parameter to a title block in Revit?
Defining a parameter
- In the project, select your title block family.
- On the Options bar, click Edit Family.
- In the warning box that appears, click Yes.
- On the File menu, click Shared Parameters. …
- In the Edit Shared Parameters dialog box, click Create and locate a default file location.
- Enter a file name and click Save.
Replace Shared or Family Parameters
- Open a family for editing.
- In the drawing area, select the object.
- Click Modify |
In the drawing, select the object. Click Modify |
Project parameters are specific to a single project file. They are added to elements by assigning them to multiple categories of elements, sheets, or views. … Shared parameters are parameter definitions that can be used in multiple families or projects.