How do I save my settings in AutoCAD?
To get AutoCAD to correctly keep its settings, do one or more of the following: On the command line in AutoCAD, enter the WSSETTINGS command and select Automatically save Workspace changes.
How do you bring up properties in AutoCAD?
You can open it with the PROPERTIES command (enter PR in the Command window), you can press Ctrl + 1, or you can click the tiny arrow in the Properties panel on the Home tab—whichever you prefer. The Properties palette displays a list of all the important property settings.
How do I save a layer property?
To Save Layer Settings as a Layer State
- Click Home tab Layers panel Layer State.
- In the Layer State drop-down list, choose New Layer State.
- In the New Layer State to Save dialog box, enter a name for the new layer state, or choose a name from the list. You can also add a description. Click OK.
- Click Close.
How do I save a layer property in AutoCAD?
If necessary, open the Layer Properties Manager by clicking Home tab Layers panel Layer Properties. Click to open the Layer States Manager. Select the layer state you want to export, and click Export. In the Export Layer State dialog box, select a name and location for the LAS file, and click Save.
Where are AutoCAD settings stored?
Location of the Configuration File (AutoCAD only)
- In the Application Preferences dialog box, Application tab, click the arrow to the left of Help and Miscellaneous File Names.
- Click the arrow to the left of Configuration File. The location and name of the configuration file is displayed.
How do I change my CAD settings?
How to select options and specify preferences for general drawing settings.
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click a tab and set options as desired.
- Save the settings: To save the settings and keep working in the dialog box, click Apply.
What is AutoCAD Properties command?
The Properties palette is displayed and lists the properties of the selected objects. When more than one object is selected, only those properties common to all selected objects are displayed. When no objects are selected, only the current settings of general properties are displayed.
How do you hide properties in AutoCAD?
In the Properties palette, under Misc, click Show Properties. On the drop-down list, do one of the following: Select Yes to display custom properties for the block reference. Select No to hide custom properties.
What does Visretain do in AutoCAD?
Controls the properties of xref-dependent layers. Controls visibility, color, linetype, lineweight, and plot styles. Use this system variable in conjunction with the VISRETAINMODE system variable to manage which xref layer property overrides you want to automatically sync on reload.