How do I set thickness in AutoCAD?
To Set the Thickness of New Objects
- Make sure no objects are selected.
- If the Properties palette is not displayed, click View tab Palettes Properties. Find.
- In the Properties window, under General, enter the value for Thickness. When new objects are created, they have the specified 3D thickness.
How do I fix an arc in AutoCAD?
Type OPTIONS on the command line. On Display > Display resolution section, increase the value of Arc and circle smoothness.
Set the VIEWRES variable:
- On the command line in AutoCAD, enter VIEWRES.
- Select Yes or No for fast zooms.
- Choose a larger value than the one currently set.
How do you change thickness?
To Change the Thickness of Existing Objects
- Select the objects whose thickness you want to change.
- Right-click the objects and choose Properties.
- In the Properties palette, select Thickness and enter a new value. The selected objects change to display the specified thickness.
Why is my polyline thick in AutoCAD?
Causes: The Polyline has a global width that is set to a thicker lineweight in the drawing.
How do you smooth edges in AutoCAD?
To Smooth Feature Lines
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Smooth Find.
- Select the feature line(s) to smooth or straighten.
- Do one of the following: Press Enter to smooth the lines. Enter Straighten to straighten lines that were previously smoothed.
Why line is not straight in AutoCAD?
Solution: Do one or more of the following to adjust the line display in AutoCAD: Install the latest updates for AutoCAD (see Install Updates, Add-ons, and Enhancements). On the command line in AutoCAD, enter GRAPHICSCONFIG and verify that the correct video card is being used (see AutoCAD uses the wrong graphics card).
How do I improve line quality in AutoCAD?
Line smoothing is disabled.
- Solution: To improve the display of lines, do one or more of the following:
- Disable Hardware Acceleration. See: How to enable or disable hardware acceleration in AutoCAD.
- Enable Smooth Line Display. On the command line in AutoCAD, type LINESMOOTHING and set it to On or 1.
- Enable WHIPARC.
What is default lineweight in AutoCAD?
The initial DEFAULT lineweight is 0.01 inches or 0.25 mm. ( LWDEFAULT system variable)
How do you show line thickness in AutoCAD?
On the command line in AutoCAD, type LWDISPLAY and set the value to On (or 1). Alternatively, use the Show/Hide Lineweight button that can be added to the status bar.
What is Lineweight AutoCAD?
Lineweight is a property assigned to graphical objects, hatches, leader lines, and dimension geometry that results in thicker, darker lines. The current lineweight is assigned to all new objects until you make another lineweight current.
“Blob brush tool” is the right approach.