How do you make a pattern file?
Create a Custom Pattern File
- Open a text editor, such as Notepad, to begin creating the pattern file.
- On the first line, enter the header in this format: *Concrete Paver.
- On the next line, enter the type declaration: ;%TYPE=MODEL. …
- Create the first pattern descriptor, using the following values:
How do you create a filled region pattern in Revit?
To give the region a fill pattern, on the Properties palette, click Edit Type and then select a fill for the Fill Pattern property. To set different line styles for the region lines, select the lines, and on the Properties palette, change the value for the Subcategory property.
Where is fill pattern in Revit?
Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Fill Patterns). In the Fill Patterns dialog, under Pattern Type, select Drafting or Model.
What is a hatch pattern?
A hatch pattern is consists of different combinations of horizontal, vertical or diagonal lines and are considered vector patterns.
How do you change the tile pattern in Revit?
Edit a Fill Pattern
- Click Manage tab Settings Panel Additional Settings drop-down Fill Patterns.
- In the Fill Patterns dialog, for Pattern Type, select Drafting or Model, and then select the fill pattern to edit. …
- Click (Edit fill pattern). …
- To edit the pattern, follow the instructions in Create a Simple Fill Pattern.
How do you fill a pattern in Revit?
Use the Fill Patterns tool to create or modify drafting and model patterns. Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down Fill Patterns. You can place model patterns and drafting patterns on planar and cylindrical surfaces and on families.
What is a filled region Revit?
The Filled Region tool creates a 2-dimensional, view-specific graphic with a boundary line style and fill pattern within the closed boundary. The tool is useful for defining a filled area in a detail view or for adding a filled region to an annotation family. The filled region is parallel to the view’s sketch plane.
How do I export a fill pattern in Revit?
Use the Patterns tab of the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog to map Revit fill patterns to specific hatch patterns in DWG. Click File tab Export Options (Export Setups DWG/DXF).
Can you edit the hatch in geometry once it is drawn?
You can select multiple closed profiles in a sketch, and apply the Fill/Hatch to all of them. When you edit attributes of a hatch, all edits are kept as object overrides.