What is the use of grid in Revit?
Use the Grid tool to place column grid lines in the building design. You can then add columns along the column grid lines. Grid lines are finite planes. You can drag their extents in elevation views so that they do not intersect level lines.
How do you create a column grid in Revit?
Place Multiple Columns by Grid
- On the ribbon, click (Structural Column). …
- Click Modify | Place Structural Column tab Multiple panel (At Grids).
- Select gridlines to define the desired grid intersections.
- Press the Spacebar to rotate all of the columns that you are creating.
Select the element. Do one of the following: Click Modify |
How do you maximize 3D extents in Revit?
Maximize 3D Model Extents
- Select the datum, and right-click it.
- From the context menu, click Maximize 3D Extents.
How do you hide gridlines in Revit?
It is possible to have grid symbols on both ends or either of the end of the grid line. To control the visibility of these symbols, select the level line → click on the besides the grid symbol. Check to see the symbol and uncheck to hide it.