How do you add contours in Revit?
On the Modify | Edit Surface tab, click Tools panel Create From Import drop-down (Select Import Instance). Select the imported 3D contour data in the drawing area. The Add Points from Selected Layers dialog displays. Select the layers to which you want to apply elevation points, and click OK.
How do you change contours in Revit?
To change site settings properties, click Massing & Site tab Model Site panel . Displays contour lines. If you clear the check box, custom contour lines still display in the drawing area. Sets the interval between contour lines.
How do you change contours?
To Edit Contours
- Select the contour graphically or by using an AutoCAD command, such as PEDIT or PROPERTIES.
- Perform the edit to the contour. …
- Rebuild the surface to update the contour definition by right-clicking the surface in the Prospector tree and clicking Rebuild.
Where are Revit site settings?
To access the Site Settings dialog, click the dialog launcher on the Model Sight panel. In the Site Settings dialog, you can modify the contour line display by adding contours. To do this, click Insert. Change the Start, Stop, and Increments values and select the desired Range Type and Subcategory.
How do you add a ground in Revit?
Rendering the Ground Plane in Revit
- Switch to the site view.
- In the Ribbon on the Massing & Site tab, click Toposurface.
- Select the Place Point tool.
- In the Options Bar, enter the Elevation for the new point.
- Click in the model to place the points that will define your surface.
How do you change the color of Toposurface in Revit?
To view or change toposurface or subregion properties, open a 3D view or a site plan view, and then click Site tab Model Site panel (Toposurface). Select the surface material from the list. You can create your own toposurface material. Topographical surfaces do not support materials with surface patterns.
How do you edit topography in Revit?
Click Modify | Topography tab Surface panel (Edit Surface). Click Edit Surface tab Tools panel (Simplify Surface). Open the site plan view and select the toposurface. Enter a value for surface accuracy, and click OK.
What is topography in Revit?
The Toposurface tool defines a topographical surface (a toposurface) using points or imported data. You can create toposurfaces in 3D views or site plans.
How do you modify contours in Civil 3D?
Grip-Editing Contours in Civil 3D
- Select your surface. …
- In the Extract Objects from Surface dialog box, clear all check boxes except for Major Contours and Minor Contours. …
- Click on a polyline representing your major and another representing your minor contours. …
- Add the polyline contours to your surface.
- Grip edit.
How do you change a contour label style?
Edit the contour label style using the Label Style Composer, and on the Layout tab under Border, set the value for Background Mask to True. You can also use the Masking property in the AutoCAD Properties palette to mask contour lines.
How do you label only major contours in Civil 3D?
Click Annotate tab > Labels & Tables panel > Add Labels menu > Surface > Contour – Multiple. Select the contours to label by specifying the start and end points of the contour label line. Press Enter.
How do I make a model site in Revit?
Create the Site Plan
- Define site settings. …
- Create the toposurface. …
- Rotate the project to True North. …
- Specify property lines. …
- Add a building pad. …
- Grade the toposurface. …
- Create parking lots, roads, and sidewalks. …
- Add site components.