How do you set up a project base point and survey point in Revit?
To make these points visible:
- Click View tab > Graphics panel > Visibility/Graphics.
- On the Model Categories tab of the Visibility/Graphics dialog, scroll down to Site. …
- To display the project base point, select Project Base Point.
- To display the survey point, select Survey Point.
Where is the project base point in Revit?
To see the base point in your revit model, open a site plan and then the visibility graphics window. Expand the Site Category, then make sure the Project Base Point is set to visible. Next select the project base point in the Revit View, and click on the paperclip icon.
What is survey base point?
The project base point can be used to establish a reference for measuring distances and positioning objects in relation to the model. … Use the project base point as a reference point for measurements across the site. Place it at a convenient location in the model to simplify on-site measurements.
How do I project a base point in Revit?
Define the Project Base Point
- Open the site plan view or another view that displays it. …
- To select the project base point, move the cursor over the symbol and look at the tooltip or the status bar. …
- Drag the project base point to the desired location.
What is the method to georeference a Revit file?
Revit 2018 now has the option to use the Geo-Referenced data from a CAD file that was used to Acquire Coordinate data. When you link and position a Geo-Referenced CAD file, you use the Acquire Coordinates feature in Revit to share coordinate system data between the Revit and CAD file.
How do I relocate a project in Revit?
Relocate the Model
- Click Manage tab Project Location panel Position drop-down (Relocate Project). The Relocate Project tool works similar to the Move tool. As you move the cursor over elements, valid references are highlighted and identified in the status bar.
- Move the project graphically in the view.
How do you move project base point more than 10 miles?
If you are wanting to move the project base point to a new location outside of 10 miles from origin
- In 2020.2. 1 and earlier: Un-clip base point and use Relocate Project to move project base point.
- In 2020.2. 2 and later: Go to Manage > Coordinates > Specify Coordinates at Point.
How do you hide a project base point in Revit?
To temporarily display the project base point and the survey point in a view, on the View Control Bar click (Reveal Hidden Elements).
How do I rotate survey points?
Open the site plan view. Use the survey point to set a known position on the site.
Rotate True North
- Select the rotation control that displays at the center of the model, and drag it to the guide.
- Click along the guide to indicate the direction of True North.
- Click again toward the top of the application window.
How do you find project Coordinates in Revit?
Optional: Display the project base point and the survey point in the current view. Click Manage tab Project Location panel Coordinates drop-down (Specify Coordinates at Point). Place the cursor on a reference point of the model. A reference point can be the intersection of elements, such as the corner of 2 walls.
To do so, follow the instructions below or watch our short video.
- Open the model for which you want to bring the proper coordinates into.
- Turn on the visibility of the site points. …
- Create a new shared site and rename it. …
- Link in the model with the proper shared site reference. …
- Relocate your model.