How do I save document properties?
Controlling Document Properties
- Choose Options from the Tools menu. Word displays the Options dialog box.
- Click on the Save tab. (See Figure 1.)
- Make sure the Prompt for Document Properties check box is selected.
- Click on OK.
How do I save a template in Solidworks?
Saving a Custom Template
- Insert a table into a drawing.
- Customize the table.
- Right-click in the table and select Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, type in the template name, browse to a folder, and click Save.
How do I add properties to a part in Solidworks?
To add custom properties:
- Click in the first blank cell under Property Name, then type a name or choose one from the list.
- Select a Type from the list. …
- Under Value / Text Expression, enter a value for the custom property that is compatible with the selection in the Type cell. …
- Press Tab or Enter.
- Open Windows Explorer and find the Word document.
- Right-click the file and choose Properties.
- Go to the Details tab.
- In the Tags text box, enter the keywords.
- Select OK to save the tags and close the dialog box.
How do I save a template in Solidworks 2019?
Click File > Save As. Select a template type for Save as type: Part Templates (*. prtdot)
Can you change drawing template in Solidworks?
The drawing templates are usually shown when you choose File > New in SOLIDWORKS. … Change the sheet format to the desired sheet format file. Change any options needed within the Document Properties. Save the template file to one of the locations listed within your File Locations in your System Options.
How do you copy a custom property in Solidworks?
How to Copy SOLIDWORKS Custom Properties to Other Files
- Open the Custom Properties dialog Box:
- With the dialog box open, use Windows selection tools to select one, some, or all properties.
- Use the Windows keyboard shortcut for copying, CTRL + C.
- Close the Custom Properties dialog box.
- Open the target file.
How do I change properties in Solidworks?
To change a document property:
- In the Document Information dialog box, or in SOLIDWORKS Explorer, select the Properties tab.
- Right-click a property and select Change. You cannot change properties such as Revision or Status that are controlled by Workgroup PDM processes.
- Edit the text in the Value box and click OK.
How do you create a property tab builder in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS Custom Property Tab Builder: Step-by-Step Guide
- The Property Tab Builder application is launched by going to the Start Menu>All Programs>SOLIDWORKS Tools 2020.
- Once the application is started you will get a representation of Tab as it will show in SOLIDWORKS and has the first Groupbox.
Where is the property manager in Solidworks?
The PropertyManager appears on the PropertyManager tab in the panel to the left of the graphics area. It opens when you select entities or commands defined in the PropertyManager. You can choose whether it opens in other cases in Tools > Options > System Options > General .
How do I see part properties in Solidworks?
Select items (components or solid bodies) to be evaluated. If no component or solid body is selected, the mass properties for the entire assembly or part are reported. Click Mass Properties (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties. The calculated mass properties appear in the dialog box.
How do you use bill of materials in Solidworks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.