How do you save individual parts in SolidWorks?
Split and Save Bodies
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save.
How do I isolate a part in SolidWorks?
To isolate components: Select the components you want to isolate in the graphics area or the FeatureManager design tree. Click View > Display > Isolate or right-click and select Isolate.
How do I save virtual components as standard parts?
Right-click a virtual component and select Save Part(in External File) or Save Assembly(in External File).
How do I save a multibody part assembly in SolidWorks?
To save a part as an assembly and create instance counts from similar bodies:
- Click Insert > Features > Save Bodies.
- In the Save Bodies PropertyManager, under Create Assembly, select Derive resulting parts from similar bodies or cut list.
How do I export a SolidWorks assembly?
Assemblies Saved as Parts Export Options
- Click Tools > Options > System Options > Export.
- For File Format, select SLDPRT from assembly.
- Specify the following options, and click OK.
Which command is used for saving the components designed in SOLIDWORKS?
File Save is a standard save command as seen in any other program. Before you can proceed with any other save technique, the files must first be created and saved in some directory; CTRL+S is the hotkey for saving files.
How do you make two solid bodies in SOLIDWORKS?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do you exit isolate in Solidworks?
When you finish working on the isolated components, click Exit Isolate on the Isolate pop-up toolbar and Edit Component on the CommandManager. The model returns to its original display state.
Where is make independent in Solidworks?
In an assembly, in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree, right-click a component or Ctrl + select multiple components and click Make Independent . In the dialog box, click OK when asked to save the component with a new name.
What are display states in Solidworks?
Display State Properties PropertyManager
Display states define different combinations of display settings for each component in an assembly or each feature or body in a part.
What are the virtual components?
Virtual components are used for assembly modeling in SOLIDWORKS and they are special parts because they are saved internally in the assembly file instead of in a separate part or subassembly file. This means they only exist inside the assembly and not physically on the hard drive somewhere.
How do I hide a component in SOLIDWORKS drawing?
To show or hide a component from the shortcut menu: Right-click a component in the drawing view or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show/Hide > Hide Component.
How does SOLIDWORKS store parts?
SOLIDWORKS saves your virtual components in a temporary folder somewhere on your pc. When you save the assembly, the virtual models are stored inside the assembly. SOLIDWORKS then also deletes the files in the temporary folder. When you close the assembly, you close all virtual components as well.