How do you save a part in a Solidworks assembly?
To save one or more component instances as a new file:
- In an assembly, in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree, right-click a component or Ctrl + select multiple components and click Make Independent .
- In the Save As dialog box, enter a name and click Save.
How do you save in Solidworks?
Click Save As (Standard toolbar) or File > Save As. Specifies a path to the folder where you want to save the document. Use the navigation pane (left pane) to browse to the location where you want to save your document. To hide the navigation pane, click Hide Folders.
How do I save a part as assembly?
Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager
- In an assembly, click File > Save As.
- Select Part (*. prt;*. sldprt) for the file type.
- Select Include specified components.
- Select Override defaults.
- Click Save.
How do you save a subassembly in Solidworks?
With your top level assembly open, left click on a sub-assembly that you would like to save as a part and chose Open Subassembly. 2. With the sub-assembly open click File, Save as. Chose the option to Save as when prompted.
How do you use Defeature in Solidworks?
To use the Defeature tool:
- Click Defeature (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Defeature. The PropertyManager has multiple pages. …
- Specify options in the PropertyManager. Click Next and Back to move between pages.
- On the Feature Removal Complete page, click . The Defeature options are saved in the original model.
What does save all do solidworks?
Saves all the files open in SOLIDWORKS that have been modified since they were last saved.
What format does solidworks use?
SolidWorks is a CAD software developed by Dassault Systèmes. SolidWorks supported native or neutral formats are IGES, DXF, DWG, STEP, ACIS, STL, Parasolid, PDF, VDA.
How do you split in Solidworks?
Split and Save Bodies
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save. …
- Click .
How do you save a single body in Solidworks?
To save bodies from multibody parts:
- Click Insert > Features > Save Bodies.
- Select the bodies to save in the graphics area, or under in Resulting Parts. …
- Under Resulting Parts, double-click each file name under File to open the Save As dialog box.
Can you save a SOLIDWORKS assembly as a step file?
You can set the export options when you export SOLIDWORKS part or assembly documents as STEP files. To set the STEP export options: Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
Can you make an assembly a part in SOLIDWORKS?
You can create a new part in the context of an assembly. That way you can use the geometry of other assembly components while designing the part. You can also create a new subassembly in the context of another assembly.