What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
What Are the Six Types of Construction Drawings?
- Interior and exterior elevations.
- Building and wall sections.
- Interior and exterior details.
- Schedules and room finishes.
- Framing and utility plans.
How do you read CAD drawings?
How to Read CAD House Plan Drawings
- Look at the legend. The legend or key, usually located near the lower right-hand corner of the drawing, should explain all of the symbols on the drawing. …
- Read the notes. Particularly near things like windows and doors, CAD drawings have lots of notes. …
- Pay attention to lines.
How do you read a site plan?
The basic idea behind a site plan is to show:
- the shape of the site.
- the size of the site – shown using a scale.
- the orientation (i.e. which way is north)
- the geographical location of the site.
- the precise positions of things like trees or rocks.
- any variations in height (shown as contour lines)
What are construction drawings?
The term “construction drawings” refers to the collection of final preconstruction drawings that represent the building as a whole. … The winning contractor is bound by all of the contract documentation, including the construction drawings. Construction Drawings: Represent the building as a whole as designed.
How many types of structural drawings are there?
There are four different types of drawing: Structural Drawings. Reinforcement Drawings. Standard Details.
What do structural drawings show?
A structural drawing is a structural plan with mathematical details describing how a building or structure needs to be built. Structural drawings are only legitimate if they are prepared, stamped and signed by a licensed professional engineer.
What is a construction document?
What Are Construction Documents? A set of construction documents is a set of drawings that an architect produces during the design development phase of a construction project. … An architect must produce two sets of construction drawings that specify every detail of their final design.
How many types of blueprints are there?
Construction drawings, construction plans, building plans, house plans, floor plans, and working drawings are all types of blueprints.