How do you put a sink in a countertop in Revit?
When you go to place this family in a countertop, you will need to select “Place on Face”, and then select the countertop face. Your end result will be a sink that can move independent of the countertop and the sink hole will always be in the right location.
How do you use voids in Revit?
Create negative geometry (voids) to cut solid geometry with the Create Void tool.
- On the Create tab Draw panel, select one of the drawing tools.
- Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop that intersects solid geometry.
- Select the closed loop.
- Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel Create Form drop-down (Void Form).
How do you cut a countertop in Revit?
After adding a void to the sink family, you need to open Family Category and Parameter window and check the [Cut with Void when loaded] box. Upon placing the sink to top of the countertop, use Cut command on the Modify menu to cut the hole. You can also nest the sink to the countertop family as well.
How do you cut geometry with voids in Revit?
Open the Revit family with unattached voids and click Create tab Properties panel Family Category and Parameters. In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select Cut With Voids when Loaded and click OK. Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry).
How do you cut a ceiling in Revit?
Cut an Opening in a Floor, Roof, or Ceiling
- Click By Face or Vertical. Where is it? Architecture tab Opening panel. Structure tab Opening panel. …
- If you chose By Face, select a face in the floor, ceiling, or roof. If you chose Vertical, select the entire element. Selected face for opening by face. …
- Click Finish Opening.
Where is the toilet in Revit?
Move your pointer to the wall at the right most toilet. You will see the water closet appears.
How do you add a component in Revit?
Add Site Components
- Open a view that displays the toposurface to modify.
- Click Massing & Site tab Model Site panel (Site Component).
- Select the desired component from the Type Selector.
- Click in the drawing area to add one or more components.