How do you make a 3D surface in Solidworks?
To create a 3D sketch, click 3D Sketch (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > 3DSketch . You can create 3D sketch entities on a working plane, or at any arbitrary point in 3D space.
How do I enable a surface in Solidworks?
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do you make a surface in Solidworks?
To create a planar surface bounded by a set of closed edges in a part:
- Click Planar Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Planar.
- In the PropertyManager, select a set of closed edges in a part for Bounding Entities. . …
- Click OK . To edit the planar surface, right-click the surface and select Edit Feature.
How do you make a 2D drawing?
How to Make 2D Drawings in SketchUp
- Go to sketchup.google.com to download either the free or pro version of SketchUp. …
- Open SketchUp and make sure the standard views are on your toolbar. …
- Click on the icon in the standard view toolbar that shows the roof of the house. …
- Begin drawing your 2D element.
What is required to create 2D sketches?
Create a Sketch
- To create a sketch in a part or assembly file, do one of the following: On the 3D Model tab, click Start 2D Sketch or Start 3D Sketch . Right-click in the browser and choose New Sketch or New 3D Sketch. …
- To create a sketch in a drawing file, click Place Views tab > Start Sketch .
How do you fill a surface body in Solidworks?
To convert a boundary surface into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, and in Options and Preview, click Create solid. To convert a trim-surface feature into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Trim Surface and in Surface Split Options, click Create solid.
To add tool buttons to toolbars:
- With a document open, click Tools > Customize, or right-click in the window border and select Customize. …
- On the Commands tab, select a category. …
- Under Buttons, drag a tool button to any toolbar.
How do you extrude a surface in SolidWorks?
Extruding Surfaces from a 2D or 3D Face
- Click Insert > Surface > Extrude.
- Select a face: …
- Select other faces to define the extrude as required. …
- Select the end condition.
- For 3D faces, select a plane, edge, 2D face, or sketch line to define the direction of extrusion .