How do you dimension a circle in Solidworks?
Creating Circular Dimensions
- Click Smart Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Select the circle.
- Drag the dimension and click to place it.
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
Is a radius half the diameter?
The radius of a circle is the length of the line segment from the center of a circle to a point on the circumference of the circle and diameter is a line segment from one end of the circle to the other end of the circle passing through the center of the circle. So, the radius is half the length of the diameter.
How do you change from radius to diameter in Creo?
Click Modeling and then, in the Modify 2D group, click Radius. The Change Rad/Dia dialog box opens. When you change from the radius mode to the diameter mode , the following circle commands change: On the Modeling tab, in the Modify 2D group, Radius changes to Diameter.
Does a circle have dimensions?
A circle is a one-dimensional object, although one can embed it into a two-dimensional object. More precisely, it is a one-dimensional manifold.
How do you add dimensions to a circle?
Create a Radius or Diameter Dimension
- Click Annotate tab Dimensions panel Dimension. …
- Select an arc or a circle.
- At the prompt, enter r (Radius) or enter d (Diameter).
- Before specifying the dimension line location, you can edit or rotate the text.
- Click to place the dimension line.
How do you align two circles in Solidworks?
To align sketches:
- Select a line or a point in a sketch to be aligned with another sketch.
- Hold Ctrl and select a line or a point in the second sketch to which the first sketch is to be aligned.
- Click Align Sketch (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Sketch.
How do you find the radius in SolidWorks 2019?
Measures distance, angle, and radius in sketches, 3D models, assemblies, or drawings. Also measures the size of and between lines, points, surfaces, and planes. To open the Measure dialog box: Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure.
Where is Smart Dimensions in SolidWorks?
on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. The default dimension type is Parallel. Optionally, you can choose a different dimension type from the shortcut menu. Right-click the sketch, and select More Dimensions.
Why are SolidWorks drawing Dimensions GREY?
The first reason a dimension might appear 1 color on one machines and a different color on another is because of the Color Display Mode being turned off in the Line Format toolbar. Here is my model with the default grey color for dimensions. To manually change the color of a dimension, use the Line Color icon.