What is assembly BOM in SolidWorks?
You can create one or more Bills of Materials (BOMs) directly from an assembly or part without first creating a drawing. … With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials. Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click .
How do you draw a Bill of Materials in SolidWorks?
To insert a Bill of Materials into a drawing:
- Click Bill of Materials (Table toolbar), or Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Select a drawing view to specify the model.
- Set the properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, then click OK .
What is a Bill of Materials in an assembly drawing?
A bill of materials (BOM) is a comprehensive list of parts, items, assemblies, subassemblies, intermediate assemblies, documents, drawings, and other materials required to create a product. The BOM can be thought of as the recipe used to create a finished product, presented in a hierarchical format.
What is bom in assembly drawing?
The Bill of Material (BOM) lists all parts and part parameters in the current assembly or assembly drawing. The BOM also comprises a breakdown and a summary of the report. … Quantity—Lists the number of components or drawings. • Type—Lists the type of the assembly component (part of subassembly).
How do I create a BOM in SolidWorks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
How do I export BOM from SolidWorks?
To export a BOM:
- Right-click a BOM and click Save As.
- In the dialog box: In Save as type, select a file type. Browse to a folder, enter a file name, and click Save.
How do you add material to a bill of materials?
Applies to Excel-based Bills of Materials. You can add more information such as Material, Vendor_Number, Cost, and so on to the open part or subassembly document by clicking File > Properties and selecting the Custom tab or the Configurations specific tab.
How do you make a bill of materials?
Necessary Elements of a Good BOM
- BOM level: Assign each part or assembly a number to detail where it fits in the hierarchy of the BOM. …
- Part number: Give each item within the BOM a unique part number, which allows anyone involved in the manufacturing cycle to reference and identify parts easily.
- Part name:
How do I edit a bill of materials in Solidworks?
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions. You can perform these kinds of edits: …
- Click outside the worksheet to return to the drawing.
How is BOM calculated?
Bills of material (BOM) calculations use data from several sources to calculate the standard costs of a manufactured item. The sources include information about items, bills routings, indirect cost calculation formulas, and the costing version.
What is BOM structure?
A bill of materials or product structure (sometimes bill of material, BOM or associated list) is a list of the raw materials, sub-assemblies, intermediate assemblies, sub-components, parts, and the quantities of each needed to manufacture an end product.
What is included in a bill of materials?
Every line of the bill of materials (BOM) includes the product code, part name, part number, part revision, description, quantity, unit of measure, size, length, weight, and specifications or features of the product.