How do you explode in Solidworks?
Creating Exploded Views (Assemblies)
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
How do you save an exploded view in Solidworks?
The View Manager dialog box opens.
- Click Explode.
- Click New. …
- Press ENTER to accept the name or type a new name. …
- Click Properties and set the explode position of the assembly components.
- Click List to return to the exploded views list.
- Click Edit > Save. …
- Make sure the Explode check box is selected. …
- Click OK and Close.
What does Ctrl Q Do in SolidWorks?
Forced Rebuild (Ctrl+Q)
When working on a part, forced rebuild will rebuild every feature in the Feature Tree, this is different to a standard rebuild (Ctrl+B) which will only rebuild changed features. This Forced Rebuild will also rebuild any views on a drawing which have sketch entities or require rebuilding.
How do you add lines to exploded view SolidWorks?
Adding Explode Lines
- Click Explode Line Sketch (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Explode Line Sketch. The Explode Sketch toolbar appears. …
- Add explode lines by using: Route Line (Explode Sketch toolbar) …
- Close the sketch. The sketch 3DExplode appears in the ConfigurationManager under Exploded View .
How do you change the exploded view in Solidworks?
Editing an Explode Step (Assemblies)
- To open the Explode PropertyManager: Right-click Exploded View and click Edit Feature. …
- Reposition the components: To move a component along its axis, drag the handle . …
- Update the options in the PropertyManager: …
- Click Undo to undo changes.
- Click Done.
Where are exploded views saved in Solidworks?
The exploded view feature, Exploded View , appears in the ConfigurationManager under the configuration in which the exploded view was created. The exploded steps are listed under the exploded view. Each configuration can have multiple exploded views.
Where is Configuration Manager in Solidworks?
Click the ConfigurationManager tab at the top of the Manager Pane.
How do you use bill of materials in Solidworks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
What are solidworks commands?
SOLIDWORKS SHORTCUTS YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW:
- Ctrl + O for File, Open.
- Ctrl + S for File, Save.
- Ctrl + Z for Edit, Undo.
- Ctrl + C for Copy.
- Ctrl + V for Paste.
- Alt + specified values Inserts standard Windows symbols: Alt + 0176. Inserts a degree º symbol. Alt + 0216. Inserts a diameter Ø symbol. Alt + 0181. Inserts a µ symbol.
Does solidworks have keyboard shortcuts?
With SOLIDWORKS keyboard shortcuts, you’ll be able to launch commands quickly instead of wasting time searching for them in the toolbar. Plus, you can create custom shortcuts based on the commands and features you use most frequently.
What does Rebuilding do in Solidworks?
When you perform the default Rebuild (CTRL-B), SOLIDWORKS rebuilds the changed features and their children only. … Force Rebuild solves this by forcing SOLIDWORKS to rebuild the entire feature tree – whether features were changed or not.