How do you add thickness in Solidworks?
Click Thicken (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken. In the graphics area, select a Surface to Thicken . In the PropertyManager, under Thicken Parameters, select the side of the surface you want to thicken. When you select Thicken Both Sides , it adds the Thickness you specify to both sides.
How do you thicken a sketch line in Solidworks?
To assign line thickness or style:
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) and select the Document Properties tab.
- Set style and thickness for the following: All dimension leaders. All annotation leaders. Frames for geometric tolerances, balloons, and datums. Style. Thickness.
How do I make my surface solid solidworks?
To convert a boundary surface into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, and in Options and Preview, click Create solid. To convert a trim-surface feature into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Trim Surface and in Surface Split Options, click Create solid.
Which lines on a drawing should be the thickest Mcq?
Explanation: Thick-thin-thick are used for cutting planes, dashed thick (wide) is used for surface treatment, zigzag lines are used for long-break lines and continuous thin line is used for dimensions, extensions and projection lines.
How do I make dimension lines thinner in Solidworks?
To set line thickness and style:
- Click Options , and then select the Document Properties tab.
- Select the type of annotation or dimension for which you intend to customize the frame or leader line thickness.
- Select a thickness from the list, or select Custom Size and enter a value for the custom thickness.
Where is the surfaces toolbar in Solidworks?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do you turn a surface into a solid?
To Convert One or More Surfaces to Solids
- Click Home tab Solid Editing panel Thicken. Find.
- Select the surfaces you want to thicken. Press Enter.
- Specify a thickness for the solid. Press Enter.
How do you cut a 3D object in SolidWorks?
To trim a 3D sketch:
- Start the 3D sketch on a 2D plane.
- Then do either of the following: Right-click and select 3D sketch on a plane. Double-click a plane or sketch entity. You can use any of the following trim options: Power trim. Corner. Trim away inside. Trim away outside. Trim to closest.
How do you trim an intersecting body in SolidWorks?
Intersecting Bodies to Modify Part Geometry
- With the part open, click Insert > Features > Intersect .
- For Solids, Surfaces, or Planes, select the bodies to intersect or merge.
- Select Cap planar openings on surfaces to cap flat openings in surfaces.
- Click Intersect. …
- Select regions to exclude. …
- Select options as required: