How do I show the side view in AutoCAD?
Open a second instance of AutoCAD.
When double-clicking a DWG file in Windows, the drawing opens in AutoCAD. Then, launch a second instance of AutoCAD from the Start menu or desktop shortcut and use the OPEN command to open a second drawing. This will allow to position the two AutoCAD instances side by side.
How do I get AutoCAD back to normal view?
To Restore the Default Home View
- Right-click the drawing area and choose Options.
- On the Open and Save tab, under File Save, click Thumbnail Preview Settings.
- Click Reset Home To Default, and click OK to exit the dialog boxes.
How do you turn on ViewCube in AutoCAD?
Display the ViewCube Settings dialog box.
- If the ViewCube is active, right-click the ViewCube and choose ViewCube Settings.
- If the ViewCube is not active, in the Options dialog box, 3D Modeling tab, under 3D Navigation, click ViewCube.
How can I view AutoCAD 3D files?
To Display a Preset 3D View
- Click View tab Views panel View Manager. Find. The View tab is not displayed by default, so an alternative method is to enter VIEW at the Command prompt. You can also employ the ViewCube in the top-right corner of the drawing area.
- Select a preset view (Top, Bottom, Left, and so on).
How do I view 3D models in AutoCAD?
For interactive 3D viewing, use the 3DORBIT command. In the shortcut menu, standard views are accessible from the Present Views submenu. (This feature is not available in AutoCAD LT.) For precise control in setting up a 3D view, including specifying the Camera and Target points, use the DVIEW or CAMERA commands.
At the top-left of the application window, on the right end of the Quick Access toolbar, click the drop-down menu Show Menu Bar. … Enter 1 to display the menu bar.
How do I get the taskbar in AutoCAD?
To Display a Toolbar
- To display the menu, click Quick Access Toolbar drop-down > Show Menu Bar.
- To display a toolbar, click Tools menu > Toolbars and select the required toolbar.
How do I reset AutoCAD 2021 to defaults?
Right-click the bottom of the screen. Click the down arrow to access all the installed apps. In the AutoCAD section, click Reset Settings to Default.
To reset the entire program:
- Click Preferences under the AutoCAD menu.
- Click the Application tab.
- Click the Reset Application Options button.
- Click Reset AutoCAD.