How do I export from FreeCAD?
Export Method 1: Using “File → Export”
- Select the solid to be exported in the tree view.
- Choose File → Export… and set file type to “STL mesh (*. stl *. ast)”.
- Enter your file name. The default extension is “. stl”. You must include the extension “. ast” in the file name to produce a . ast file. Choose Save.
How do I import a part in FreeCAD?
- Set up the Import Export Preferences in the Preferences Editor.
- Go to the menu Part → Import CAD.
- Select the file to be imported.
How do you move bodies in FreeCAD?
- In the Model tree view, right-click on the object to be moved.
- Select Move object to other body from the list in the context menu.
- In the Select body dialog, select the Body to move the object to from the drop-down menu.
- Press OK.
How do you move lines in FreeCAD?
- Select the sketch elements for the move operation.
- Press the Move button in the toolbar. Use the Ctrl + M keyboard shortcut. …
- Click on a point or a location in empty space to move the elements to their new location. …
- If you want to detach an element and move freely, delete its locking constraints and drag with mouse.
Can FreeCAD import Parasolid?
Besides, some companies put patents on their formats which could expose FreeCAD to legal threat. In the case of OCC’s parasolid importer, the OCC core engine, that we use in FreeCAD, is open-source, but they also sell several “add-ons”, such as this one. These are unfortunately not open-source and we cannot use them.
How do I convert files to FreeCAD?
From the 3D-View simply select (in the tree-view) the solid(s) to export and select “File -> Export”. In FreeCAD 0.15 and above, by selecting “Edit -> Preferences” and then “Import-Export” in the left column you should have access to Step-Options such as units, scheme and Header Information.
How do I get rid of the grid on FreeCAD?
If that is the case, you will want to first go to the Draft Workbench, then go to Edit > Preferences... > Draft > Grid and snapping tab. There you can set your grid preferences.
What is a body in FreeCAD?
In FreeCAD the word “Body” is normally used to refer to a PartDesign Body object ( PartDesign::Body class) that is defined by the PartDesign Workbench. This is a container object that can hold 2D sketches and 3D geometrical features to build a solid shape.