How do I reorder parts in SolidWorks assembly?
Drag and drop the icons in the FeatureManager design tree to rearrange the order. The component is placed below the icon where you drop it (the highlighted icon). Watch for the pointer. Drag and drop the icons in the FeatureManager design tree to rearrange the order.
How do I change the order of BOM in SolidWorks?
Right-click anywhere in the Bill of Materials table and select Sort. Edit the options in the Sort dialog box as described below, then click OK.
How do you drag and move in SolidWorks?
To move components by dragging: Drag a component in the graphics area. The component moves within its degrees of freedom. To prevent this behavior, clear Move components by dragging in Tools > Options > System Options > Assemblies.
How do I move an assembly in SolidWorks?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do you organize BOM in Solidworks?
Saving Sort Settings as a BOM Property
- Right-click a BOM table in an assembly or drawing.
- Set sort criteria for the table. For example, right-click a table column and click Sort.
- Under Sort Save, click Save current sort settings.
- Click OK. The current sort settings are saved as a BOM property.
How do you customize a BOM in Solidworks?
To add custom columns to the bill of materials:
- Open the BOM template file. …
- Insert a new column where you want the information to appear. …
- Enter the column heading for the property you want to display in that column, and press Enter. …
- Click the cell to select it.
How do I move a row in Solidworks bom?
To move multiple table rows:
- From an open table, press Ctrl and select rows to move in unison.
- Release Ctrl and click Group/ungroup selected rows .
- Drag the group of rows in the table.
- Click Group/ungroup selected rows to release the group.
How do I move the Task Manager in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS supports several drag operations for features: reordering, moving, and copying. You can change the order in which features are rebuilt by dragging them in the FeatureManager design tree. You can move or copy features by dragging them in the model and from one model to another.
How do I drag a model in Solidworks?
- Select a view (the pointer changes to ) and press Alt while dragging.
- Select the edge of a view (the pointer changes to ), then drag.
How do you drag a sketch in Solidworks?
First, Window select the sketch entities you wish to move. Second, Hold the CTRL key on your keyboard then Pick and Drag the selected entities from one of the Points in the Sketch.
How do I move a fixed component in Solidworks?
To change the fix or float, go to featuremanager deign tree. Select and right click on the component’s name for changing the fix or float condition. Select fix or float from the appearing menu as per your requirement. This way you can fix component or float it in solidworks assemebly interface.
How do you move multiple objects in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, drag the component you want to move. You can Ctrl + drag to move multiple components at the same time. As you move over other components, the pointer changes to indicate what will happen if you drop the component there.