How do you move a cut Extrude in SolidWorks?
To move a feature to a new place on a model:
- Select Instant3D (Features toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select the feature to move.
- Use the handles to drag the feature to its new location.
How do you trim a boss-Extrude in SolidWorks?
To create an extruded cut: 1) Sketch the profile for cut. 2) Click Extruded Cut on the Features toolbar or select Insert, Cut, Extrude on the menu bar. 3) Under Direction 1, do the following: · Select an End Condition. Examine the preview and if necessary, click Reverse Direction to extrude in the opposite direction.
How do you edit Extrude in SolidWorks?
If you enter the wrong distance to extrude to: and exit the boss-extrude dialog without correcting it, go to the design tree, right-click on the extrude name, and find the “edit feature” button in the box of options that appears above the mouse. The dialog will reopen and you can edit the properties of the extrude.
How do you extrude two directions in SolidWorks?
To extrude in both directions from the sketch plane in the PropertyManager, under Direction 1, select Through All – Both Directions. To extrude as a thin feature, set the PropertyManager options in Thin Feature. When you drag the manipulator to set the size, an Instant3D ruler appears so you can set precise values.
How do you cut in Solidworks 2020?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
What is boss Extrude in Solidworks?
The Boss-Extrude/Base feature will project a 3D model with the selected sketch or face. Figure 3: Selecting a Plane. Using the 2D sketch or plane to create a 3D model, the Boss-Extrude feature button will prompt you to set parameters in the menu shown in Figure 4.
How do you extrude a face in Solidworks?
Extruding Surfaces from a 2D or 3D Face
- Click Insert > Surface > Extrude.
- Select a face: …
- Select other faces to define the extrude as required. …
- Select the end condition.
- For 3D faces, select a plane, edge, 2D face, or sketch line to define the direction of extrusion .
What does the Convert Entities sketch tool do?
The Convert Entities tool allows users to make a copied projection of a given sketch, face, or set of edges onto the active sketch plane. These sketch entities will update their size and/or positioning if either of these characteristics changes in the source sketch.
How do you modify completed feature?
To edit the definition of a feature:
- Do one of the following: Select a feature in the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area. Click Edit > Definition. …
- Edit the definition in the dialog box by specifying new values or options.
- Click OK to accept the changes.
How do I edit a part in Solidworks?
To edit a part while in an assembly:
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
How do I edit a Solidworks file?
Editing an Existing Sketch
- Click Sketch on the Sketch toolbar, or click Insert > Sketch. Select an existing sketch to edit.
- Right-click a sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, or right-click a sketch entity in the graphics area, and select Edit Sketch.