Which command is used to cut a line in AutoCAD?
If you enter -TRIM (note the dash)>select the diagonal line as cutting edge>watch command line, Type F (for fence)>click on Right side prior to and after the bottom and top horizontal lines making sure this line crosses the horizontal lines>Enter.
How do I cut two lines in AutoCAD?
To Trim Linework or Profile-Based Objects
- Select the linework, object, or block to trim.
- Click Home tab Modify panel Trim Extend drop-down AEC Trim.
- Specify two points to establish the trim line. …
- Click the side of the trim line where the region you want to remove is located.
Can you cut a line in AutoCAD?
On the Annotation tool palette, click the Cut Line Tool. In the drawing area, specify the point where you want the cut line to begin. Specify the point where you want the cut line to end. Specify the extents of the break.
What is Section command in AutoCAD?
Uses the intersection of a plane with 3D solids, surfaces, or meshes to create a 2D region object. The SECTION command creates a region object that represents a 2D cross section of 3D objects, including 3D solids, surfaces, and meshes.
How do I cut a section in AutoCAD 3D?
Slice a 3D Solid or Surface With a Cutting Plane
- Click Home tab Solid Editing panel Slice. Find.
- Select the 3D solid or surface objects to slice. Press Enter.
- Specify two points to define the cutting plane.
- Specify which side of the sliced object to retain, or enter b (Both) to retain both sides.
How do I extend a line in AutoCAD?
To extend objects, first select the boundaries. Then press Enter and select the objects that you want to extend. To use all objects as boundaries, press Enter at the first Select Objects prompt. The following prompts are displayed.