Can you export Google Earth to Sketchup?
When your model is ready, you can preview your model in Google Earth by easily exporting to KMZ from SketchUp and then opening your KMZ file in Google Earth.
Can you import Google Earth into Sketchup free?
Navigate to view at the top of the screen, then select the toolbars option. Go down and check the box labeled “Google,” and select the close option at the bottom of the screen. This will pop up a window showing a Google map and a search bar. … This will import your map data into your model.
How do I use Google Earth with SketchUp?
Follow these steps to send your model from SketchUp to Google Earth on your computer:
- Choose File, Preview in Google Earth. …
- If you want to make changes to your model, go back to SketchUp, make your changes, and then choose Preview in Google Earth again. …
- Click the Yes button if you’re sure that’s what you want to do.
How do I convert a KMZ file to SketchUp?
Exporting KMZ Files for Google Earth
- Select File > Export > 3D Model. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save your KMZ file.
- From the Export TypeSave as type drop-down list, select Google Earth File (*. …
- (Optional) In the File Name box, type a new name for your file.
- Click the Options button.
To Export To Google Earth KML Files
- Click Output tab Export Scene panel Google Earth KML .
- In the KML Options dialog box, select the Export Model Relative to Terrain Height check box to put Google Earth in a mode where all heights are measured from the surface of the ground.
What is a KML file in Google Earth?
You can use Keyhole Markup Language (KML) files to view and share Google Earth information. These files store geographic data and content associated with Google Earth.
How do I export contours from Google Earth?
Create your map with a specified coordinate system, color and transparency, ready for export to Google Earth.
- Click File | Export.
- Give the file a name, change the Save as type to KML Google Earth KML, and click Save.
- Click OK in the Export Options dialog and the KML file is created.
- Open Google Earth.
How do I import a KML file into SketchUp?
How to Import KML Files Into Google SketchUp
- Launch your Web browser and navigate to your preferred file hosting service. …
- Upload the KML files that you want to import into Google SketchUp. …
- Log in to your Google SketchUp account. …
- Click “Add KML Overlay” in the bottom left-hand corner of the Building Maker screen.