How import STL file Ansys?
The best way to work with STL files is to import the STL file into ANSYS Spaceclaim and then convert into a CAD geometry file such a Parasolid. The CAD geometry can then be used by ANSYS Mechanical and other ANSYS simulation products.
How do I open a SpaceClaim file?
ANSYS 13.0: Start ANSYS Workbench and create a geometry cell:
- To work with an existing design, click Import Geometry in ANSYS and choose an existing SCDOC file. …
- To start a new design, click New SpaceClaim Geometry in ANSYS to launch SpaceClaim with an empty design.
What file types can SpaceClaim open?
binary (. sab), ACIS text (. sat), Parasolid, CATIA, IGES, STEP, and VDA formats. You can import and export free points for Rhino, PDF, ACIS, IGES, JT Open, Parasolid, STEP and VDA formats.
How do you convert STL to solid?
How do I convert STL graphics to a solid model?
- Step 1: Open SOLIDWORKS. Start SolidWorks and click Open.
- Step 2: Select File Type. Change file type to STL.
- Step 3: Click Options. Click Options.
- Step 4: Change Import As. Change import as to Solid body.
- Step 5: Select STL file. …
- Step 6: STL file is updated. …
- 113 likes.
Can Ansys open in St Louis?
They are both open-source and you can convert your . STL surface triangularisation to a solid, then mesh it and export as . … Then export it as an STP file which can be read by Abaqus/Ansys.
What programs can open STEP files?
Programs that open STEP files
- Autodesk Fusion 360. Dassault Systemes SolidWorks. IMSI TurboCAD Pro. ideaMK STP Viewer. Dassault Systemes CATIA. …
- Autodesk Fusion 360. IMSI TurboCAD Deluxe. FreeCAD.
- Linux. Dassault Systemes CATIA. LKSoft IDA-STEP. FreeCAD.
- Web. eMachineShop Free Online STEP File Viewer. Wikifactory. ShareCAD.org.
How do I import a STEP file into SpaceClaim?
To import a design
- Select Open from the Application menu or click in the Quick Access toolbar, or click the Insert tool in the Insert ribbon group on the Design tab. …
- Select Check geometry to run the geometry check after the file is opened or imported. …
- Navigate to and select the file you want to open or insert.
How do you change a space to a solid in SpaceClaim?
You can merge surfaces with the Combine tool. Surface must share edges to be merged.
To create a solid from a self-intersecting single surface
- Click the Select tool in the Edit ribbon group.
- Select the “open” edge of the set of surfaces, shown in black.
- Click the Combine tool.
What is the difference between SpaceClaim and DesignModeler?
Why: Spaceclaim only allows you to move/rotate about 1 axis at a time; whereas Design Modeler lets you setup axis for each object, and then match those axis together in a single move operation.
What is Scdoc file?
What is an SCDOC file? SpaceClaim document created and used by SpaceClaim, a solid modeling CAD application; contains a 3D design, which includes IDs for 3D objects such as surfaces, edges, solids, bodies, and faces that appear in your design. SCDOC files are saved in a proprietary format and are Zip archives.