How do I export a STL file?
To save a model or a model assembly in STL Format:
- File > Save As (Save As dialog box opens)
- From the Save as type drop-down menu select STL (*.stl)
- Click Options.
- The Export Options dialog box will display the file in a tessellated view.
- File Format selection is STL.
Can Revit make STL files?
Use STL Exporter 2020 to customize and export your Revit model to an STL file. Click Add-in tab STL Exporter panel (STL Exporter for Revit). On the General tab, specify your STL file options. … Click Save to create the STL file or click Cancel to close STL Exporter.
Can Revit LT export to STL?
Use STL Export to customize and export your Revit model to an STL file. Use the STL Export dialog to specify export options.
How do I export in Revit?
Export one or more views and sheets to DWG or DXF format.
- Click File tab Export CAD Formats (DWG) or (DXF).
- In the DWG (or DXF) Export dialog, for Select Export Setup, select the desired setup. …
- Select the views and sheets to export. …
- If you are ready to export, click Next.
Can you export STL from AutoCAD?
In the Export Data dialog box, enter a file name. Under Files of type, select Lithography (*. stl). Click Save.
Can SketchUp create STL files?
In SketchUp, you can import and export STL files, which are used in 3D printing. As explained in 3D Printing a Model, for a SketchUp model to become a successful 3D printout, the model needs to meet certain criteria, such as having a base and a volume and being a solid.
Can Revit be used for 3D printing?
3D Printing with Revit, yes it is possible. 3D Printing from Revit Tutorial.
How do I import a STL file into Revit?
To Import DXF, OBJ, STL, Revit, DWF, and IDF Files
- To import to a new file select: File Open Import CAD Formats. Get Started tab Launch panel Import CAD Formats.
- To import into a part file select: Manage tab Insert panel Import. …
- To import into an assembly, select Assemble tab Component panel Place Imported CAD.
How do I export from Revit to STL?
Export your Revit Model to a STL File
- Open a 3D view. Note: The exported geometry will be based on the current view. …
- Click the File tab Export CAD Formats STL.
- In the STL Export dialog , specify your STL file options.
- Click Save to create the STL file or click Cancel to close STL Export dialog.
How do you explode a Revit model?
You can explode imported solid (not polymesh) geometry in the Family Editor environment.
- Select the import symbol.
- Click Modify | Imports in Families tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode). The 3D solids are now preserved as free form elements.
How do I import a heavy SketchUp file into Revit?
Import SketchUp Files
- Create a family in the Family Editor. …
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the Import CAD Formats dialog, navigate to the folder that contains the SKP file.
- For Files of Type, select the SKP file type.
- Select the file to import.
- Specify the desired import settings. …
- Click Open.
How do I export layers in Revit?
Click File tab Export Options (Export Setups DWG/DXF). Select the setup to modify. Click the Layers tab.
Export layer options
- Export category properties BYLAYER and overrides BYENTITY. …
- Export all properties BYLAYER, but do not export overrides. …
- Export all properties BYLAYER, and create new layers for overrides.
Can AutoCAD open Revit files?
The Revit program from Autodesk is used to create RVT files, so it can open files in this format, too. … Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture, included with AutoCAD, is another way to open an RVT file.
How do I open a Revit file without Revit?
You have the following options to view a Revit model without Revit:
- Use the free online A360 Viewer.
- Download the free Design Review 2013 and export the Revit model as a DWF.
- Use the Revit viewer mode. …
- If you have Navisworks, you can open the Revit file in Navisworks, then save as an NWD file.