How do I export from SketchUp to STL?
Exporting a SketchUp model as an STL File
- Select File > Export > 3D Model. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save your exported file.
- (Optional) In the appropriate text box, type a name for the exported STL file.
- From the Save As Type drop-down list, select STereolithography File (.
How do I transfer files to STL?
To save a model or a model assembly in STL Format:
- File > Save As (Save As dialog box opens)
- From the Save as type drop-down menu select STL (*.stl)
- Click Options.
- The Export Options dialog box will display the file in a tessellated view.
- File Format selection is STL.
Can you export with SketchUp free?
The free version won’t export any of the file types you listed. SketchUp is indeed very powerful and capable of a lot of things. The free web version is much simplified compared to the desktop versions, especially Pro. The free version won’t export any of the file types you listed.
What program opens STL files?
|Mac OS X Preview||STL||Mac|
|Fast STL Viewer||STL||Android|
|STL Simple Viewer||PLY, OFF, OBJ, STL||iOS|
Can you export free SketchUp to STL?
If you are using the Web App (app.sketchup.com/app), click on the folder icon, then Export, then STL. It even works in Free! … To export your model as an STL file, install the SketchUp STL extension from the SketchUp Team.
Can blender generate STL files?
Luckily, Blender offers a wide range of file formats (e.g. OBJ, FBX, 3DS, PLY, STL, etc.) that can be used to import and export. Popular formats are enabled by default, other formats are also supported and distributed with Blender, these can be enabled in the User Preferences through the use of Add-ons.
How do I convert STL files to photos?
Here are 3 simple steps to create an STL file from a JPG or PNG file.
- Upload a JPG or PNG. Click the “Upload a File” button and select an image file (PNG or JPG) to upload. …
- Select your Options. Set the dimensions and other options and click the “Convert to STL” button to convert your JPG or PNG to STL.
- Download your STL.