How do I delete all files in Solidworks?
- Open the Control Panel. …
- Navigate to “Programs” > “Programs and Features”. …
- You will be asked if you would like to allow the program to be changed or uninstalled. …
- SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager will open and ask what products you would like to uninstall.
How do you delete something in Solidworks?
To delete an item:
- Select one or more items to delete in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Delete (Standard toolbar), click Edit > Delete or press Delete.
Why can’t I delete in Solidworks?
In the event that the SOLIDWORKS uninstall process fails
The first thing to try is a Repair of the SOLIDWORKS Installation. … There are other techniques to manually uninstall the program’s MSI file, but if the installation is too damaged this may also fail.
How do you delete extra materials in Solidworks?
To remove a material from a part: In a part document, right-click Material in the FeatureManager design tree and select Remove Material. Search ‘Removing a Material’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
Will uninstalling SOLIDWORKS delete files?
The standard uninstall removes Program Files and Folders of a SOLIDWORKS product. … A custom uninstall removes one or more of the following items: Program Files and Folders, registry keys and data folders, such as the SOLIDWORKS Toolbox, and files and folders from the original download location.
How do you force delete in SOLIDWORKS?
STEP 1: Find SOLIDWORKS from Programs and Features within the Control Panel and click Uninstall (Start button > Control Panel > Uninstall a program). Before proceeding with an uninstall, ALL custom files should be backed up to locations outside of SOLIDWORKS defaults.
How do you delete Extrude in Solidworks?
Select the end condition. Select a plane to define an extrude direction normal to the plane. To remove the faces defining the extrude from the model after extruding, click Delete original faces.
How do you delete a line in Solidworks 2020?
To delete: Click the line or text and press the Delete key. To move: Click the line or text and drag to a new location.
How do I delete a sketch in Solidworks 2020?
Right-click anywhere in a drawing view and select Delete. Click Yes to confirm the deletion. If you delete a detail or section view, select Delete detail sketch or Delete section sketch so the sketch used to create the view is also deleted.
How do you break references in Solidworks assembly?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do I delete an external reference in Solidworks?
To change or remove a reference:
- Check out the parent file.
- On the Contains tab, click Edit user defined reference .
- In the Edit User-Defined File References dialog box, do one of the following: To remove a reference, clear Referenced. …
- Click OK.
- Check in the parent file.
How do I disable camera in SolidWorks?
To disable unused add-ins (namely CAM), I navigate to Tools=>Add-ins and un-check the unused add-ins.
How do you cut a part out of another part in SolidWorks?
To subtract bodies:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Subtract.
- For Main Body, select the body to keep. …
- For Bodies to Subtract, select the bodies whose material you want to remove.
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .