How do you make different assembly configurations in Solidworks?
Special Assembly Configurations
- Click File > Open.
- Browse to the desired assembly document, select Advanced under Configurations, and click Open.
- In the Configure Document dialog box, select one of the following: Option. Description. …
- Type a new Configuration name, and click OK. The assembly opens in the new configuration.
How do I create a new configuration in Solidworks?
To add and edit configurations:
- Pause the pointer over a part or assembly template to display the configurations option.
- Click . …
- Click Add Configuration, type a configuration name, and click OK.
- Click to add instances of a configuration to the assembly.
How do I change the configuration in Solidworks?
To edit the configuration properties:
- In the ConfigurationManager , right-click the configuration name, and select Properties.
- Set options in the PropertyManager. Click Custom Properties to add or modify custom properties for the configuration.
- Click .
What are assembly configurations?
In assembly documents, configurations allow you to create: Simplified versions of the design by suppressing components. Families of assemblies with different configurations of the components, different parameters for assembly features, different dimensions, or configuration-specific custom properties.
How do I change the configuration of a part in an assembly?
To configure a component:
- In an assembly, right-click a component and click Configure Component .
- In the Modify Configurations dialog box, you can: Create new assembly configurations. Change the component configuration used in each assembly configuration.
What is a Solidworks configuration?
Configurations allow you to create multiple variations of a part or assembly model within a single document. Configurations provide a convenient way to develop and manage families of models with different dimensions, components, or other parameters.
How do you make a configuration?
To create a configuration manually:
- In either a part or assembly document, click the ConfigurationManager tab at the top of the FeatureManager design tree to change to the ConfigurationManager.
- In the ConfigurationManager, right-click the part or assembly name and select Add Configuration.
How do I save a new configuration in Solidworks?
Open a model, right-click a configuration in the ConfigurationManager, and click Save Configurations. In the Save Configurations as a new Assembly/Part dialog box, select a configuration. To select all configurations, click . Click Save Selected.
Where is Configuration Manager in Solidworks?
Click the ConfigurationManager tab at the top of the Manager Pane.
How do I change sketch settings?
To change a sketch plane in a configuration:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a sketch and select Edit Sketch Plane. …
- Do one of the following: …
- Under Configurations, select the configurations to which you want the new sketch plane to apply: This configuration, All configurations, or Specify configurations.
What properties can you configure in an assembly?
The properties available to be configured include: name, description, part number, revision, vendor, project, product line, title 1, title 2, title 3, not revision managed, and exclude from BOM. Select the assembly property you wish to configure (Properties are included in the list). (This example uses Project.)
Which type of mate Cannot be applied between two edges?
Which type of mate cannot be applied between two edges? The Perpendicular Mate will let you create angle mates of 90, 180, 270, or 360 degrees between selected entities. After making a Perpendicular Mate, moving one face will change the angle from 90 degrees.