How do I center a line in Solidworks?
To create a centerline:
- Click Centerline (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Entities > Centerline.
- Click to start the centerline.
- Drag, or move the pointer and click, to set the end of the centerline.
How do I align a part in Solidworks?
To align sketches:
- Select a line or a point in a sketch to be aligned with another sketch.
- Hold Ctrl and select a line or a point in the second sketch to which the first sketch is to be aligned.
- Click Align Sketch (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Sketch.
How do I align two components in Solidworks?
Align Components PropertyManager
- Add the component by dragging it in the graphics area.
- Right-click the component and click Align Components.
How do you center two rectangles in Solidworks?
In an assembly document with two rectangular or cylindrical profiles, click Mate . In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates, click Profile Center . For Entities to Mate, select the edges or faces that you want to center-align.
How do you center a part around the origin in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin.
How do you center a rectangle in Solidworks?
To sketch center rectangles:
- Click Center Rectangle .
- In the graphics area: Click to define the center. Drag to sketch the rectangle with centerlines. Release to set the four edges.
- Click . Video: Sketching Center Rectangles.
How do I center a dimension in Solidworks?
To set the color, click Tools > Options > System Options > Colors. In Color scheme settings, select Dimensions, Non Imported (Driven). Select to center dimensions between extension lines. This option also selects Center Dimension in PropertyManagers that contain the Center Dimension option.
How do I convert entities in Solidworks?
To convert an entity:
- In an open sketch, click a model edge, loop, face, curve, external sketch contour, set of edges, or set of curves. You can also click an entity after clicking the Convert Entities. …
- Click Convert Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, click Select chain to convert all contiguous sketch entities. …
- Click .