How do you activate a viewport?
To select a viewport that is completely contained within another viewport in a layout, double-click within the larger viewport to activate it, then use CTRL+R to switch activated viewports until the desired viewport is selected.
How do you insert a viewport in model space?
Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Insert View.
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- If named views have not been saved in model space, click two points to define a rectangular view from expanded model space. …
- If one or more named views were previously saved in model space, click to choose a named view from the gallery.
How do I add a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- Click View > Viewports > New Viewports….
- In the Viewports dialog box, enter the new name for the viewport.
- Select the viewports from the Standard Viewports list.
- Click OK to create the new Viewport.
How do I add a viewport to an object?
You can create a new viewport with nonrectangular boundaries by converting an object drawn in paper space into a layout viewport using the MVIEW command.
- Click View > Viewports > Polygonal viewport.
- Specify points to create a nonrectangular layout viewport. …
- Click View > Viewports > Object.
Why is my viewport not showing?
Make sure the layer has not been turned off or frozen: In the Layer Properties Manager, make sure the layer that contains the viewport geometry is not turned off or frozen. Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. … Check the properties and note which layer the viewport is on.
How do you manipulate a viewport in Autocad?
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do I create a secondary viewport?
Click “Windows” > “Secondary Viewport” at the top-left of Source Filmmaker, then optionally drag the “Secondary Viewport” tab of the new extra window to the main Source Filmmaker window.
How do you unlock a viewport in Autocad?
Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale. The yellow unlocked padlock changes to a blue locked padlock, and the Viewport Scale button becomes unselectable. Locking the display makes for some nifty zooming. If you’re in paper space, a normal zoom is executed.
How do you make a viewport border invisible in Autocad?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do you make an irregular viewport?
Creating Odd-Shaped Viewports in AutoCAD
- Click the Clip tool in the Layout tab’s Layout Viewports panel. …
- At the Select viewport to clip: prompt, click the viewport border.
- At the Select clipping object or [Polygonal]
: prompt, press ↵.
- Turn off Object Snap, and draw the outline shown in the top portion.
How do you do a polygonal viewport?
To Create a Nonrectangular Layout Viewport
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Rectangular, Polygonal, or Object.
- Follow the prompts.